windows messenger

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Archibald Seaton, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. thanks for the info on one clicking,now tell me how to dump windows
    messenger.I am using win.xp and outlook express. thanks

    Archibald Seaton, Nov 4, 2005

  2. Guest

    The simple fix is to run the following command from the start | run
    window:

    RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection
    %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

    you can also disable it in the admin tools section of the control panel
    under services:

    Right-click on "Messenger"
    Select "Stop"
    Right click "Messenger"
    Select "Properties"
    Change "Startup Type" to "Disabled" and click "OK"

    , Nov 4, 2005

  3. Plato

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Nov 5, 2005