    systray?

    thanks,

    mike

    sam, Sep 2, 2006

  2. sam

    John Holmes Guest

    sam "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > hello,
    >
    > been a hell of a day. had to do a sys. restore. yeechhhh.
    >
    > using win xp here. how do i get rid of windows messenger icon in the
    > systray.
    >
    > i figure run the msconfig but what is the name? and what is the name of
    > "sound manager" or whatever the hell it is taht is also cluttering my
    > systray?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > mike

    You complete eruption of dusky knob cheese.

    --
    Your mother was an infested dunce who served a life sentence down a
    drain.

    John Holmes, Sep 2, 2006

  3. sam

    cuntbubble Guest

    "sam" <> wrote in message
    > hello,
    >
    > been a hell of a day. had to do a sys. restore. yeechhhh.
    >
    > using win xp here. how do i get rid of windows messenger icon in the
    > systray.

    End the process then rip it right outta the your registry - either HKCU or
    HKLM, \software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run.

    Have fun. =]

    cuntbubble, Sep 2, 2006
  4. sam

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 01:15:47 +0000, sam Has Frothed:

    > hello,
    >
    > been a hell of a day. had to do a sys. restore. yeechhhh.
    >
    > using win xp here. how do i get rid of windows messenger icon in the
    > systray.
    >
    > i figure run the msconfig but what is the name? and what is the name of
    > "sound manager" or whatever the hell it is taht is also cluttering my
    > systray?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > mike

    End the task: msnmsgr.exe then delete the folder \Program Files\MSN
    Messenger (provided you don't want to ever use it.)

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Sep 2, 2006
  5. sam

    Ben Myers Guest

    "sam" <> wrote in message news:7X4Kg.21258$...
    > hello,
    >
    > been a hell of a day. had to do a sys. restore. yeechhhh.
    >
    > using win xp here. how do i get rid of windows messenger icon in the
    > systray.

    See if this is helpful.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302089

    > i figure run the msconfig but what is the name? and what is the name of
    > "sound manager" or whatever the hell it is taht is also cluttering my
    > systray?

    See if "systray.exe" is in your msconfig Startup tab. If so, uncheck it.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Sep 2, 2006
  6. sam

    Carol2 Guest

    "Ben Myers" <> wrote in message
    "sam" <> wrote in message
    > hello,
    >
    > been a hell of a day. had to do a sys. restore. yeechhhh.
    >
    > using win xp here. how do i get rid of windows messenger icon in the
    > systray.

    See if this is helpful.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302089

    > i figure run the msconfig but what is the name? and what is the name of
    > "sound manager" or whatever the hell it is taht is also cluttering my
    > systray?

    See if "systray.exe" is in your msconfig Startup tab. If so, uncheck it.

    Ben

    Sam...... I found the same info posted by Ben a couple weeks ago, while
    setting up this new system. Under Set Program Access & Defaults, you will
    see Other with a tick mark by it. Expand that area & scroll down to
    Messenger. I left Use My Current.....& removed the mark by Enable. It made
    the thing stop opening in Systray whenever I have certain programs
    open.....& Yet it is available from the Start Menu, if I or a visitor wish
    to use it one day.

    Carol2

    Carol2, Sep 3, 2006