    but is there still anything like this, that serves this purpose?

    Thanks

    John

    John, Jan 2, 2005

  2. John wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I don't want anyone to get confused with the MSN Messenger, the
    > Instant messaging program, but I am wondering about Windows
    > Messaging...
    >
    > Was there a program called "Windows messaging" were you could send a
    > message to a user on a computer on the same network and a Windows
    > pop-up box with the message would show up?
    >
    > This may have been on Windows 3.1 or 95... I can't remember exactly,
    > but is there still anything like this, that serves this purpose?

    Install Trillian on each PC and trillian will pick users up using
    Rendezvous. Not the same, but works nicely. You can use voice, webcam
    and send files.

    Yours Sincerely,
    Samuël ML Lison

    --
    DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
    Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=, Jan 2, 2005

  3. John wrote:

    > Hello.
    >
    > I don't want anyone to get confused with the MSN Messenger, the
    > Instant messaging program, but I am wondering about Windows
    > Messaging...
    >
    > Was there a program called "Windows messaging" were you could send a
    > message to a user on a computer on the same network and a Windows
    > pop-up box with the message would show up?
    >
    > This may have been on Windows 3.1 or 95... I can't remember exactly,
    > but is there still anything like this, that serves this purpose?

    Windows 2000. Yes it is there in 2K and I think XP.

    Are you looking at getting rid of it, or do you want a different
    software that does the same thing?

    What OS is the server (where you'll make the messages), and what OS is
    the client computers (the ones who will receive it).?

    --

    There is nothing wrong with your news reader.
    Do not attempt to adjust your settings.

    Please stand by.
    http://www.weyounsworld.info/downloads/sounds/ol.mp3

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Jan 2, 2005