    or CD's.

    Thanks in advance.

    Kind regards

    Mastk, Aug 22, 2004

  2. Mastk

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Mastk vaguely muttered something like ...
    > Dear Helpdesk,
    >
    > I have Windows 98 operating system instaled with Windows Mediaplayer
    > version
    > 7.0.00.3055 but i can not recieve any sound. After de-installing it and
    > reinstalling it, the same problem occurs. I does not play any MP3's, Radio
    > or CD's.

    Do the 'normal' windows sounds work?

    Are there any speakers plugged into the sound card, power, turned on?

    Is the volume turned down or muted?

    There could be many reasons for your problem ...

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

    Paul - xxx, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Mastk

    Sue Guest

    I have the same OS and Windows Media Player 7.01.00.3055. I also get no
    sound from it, but do get sound from everything else including Real One
    Player and Winamp. I Googled the problem a long time ago and found that it
    is a common problem. I don't remember the solution. If there was one, it was
    beyond my limited ability. I suggest that you Google it and see what you
    find out.

    Sue, Aug 22, 2004