    media player and sometimes it does but most times it don't. If I reboot it
    works but must go away sometime later. All I'm doing is surfing the net.
    Not running any programs. Any ideas?
    David B. Mathews, Sep 20, 2009

  2. David B. Mathews

    Carlos Guest

    David,
    Sometimes this issue happens when the wmplayer.exe process is running in the
    background previously (don't ask me how).
    Bring up Task Manager by pressing simultaneously Shift+Ctrl+Esc keys.
    Then go to the "Processes" tab and terminate wmplayer.exe process.

    If you also have troubles with media file associations go to
    Start -> Default Programs -> Set Default Programs -> Windows Media Player ->
    Set this program as default and clicking OK

    There is no known way to reinstall WMP11 in Vista x64, at least to my
    knowledge.

    Also make sure that the shortcut your are clicking on is pointing to WMP
    real location.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 20, 2009

  3. I'll try that next time it happens.
    --------------------

    David B. Mathews, Sep 20, 2009
  4. David B. Mathews

    ChaosInACT Guest

    You can't re-install it?!? that sucks. I had the same problem but really it
    just won't ever start!!! it's crap and microsoft doesn't have another install
    available (i guess they figure it shipped with win 7 already).

    win 7 great - will just NEVER be able to use media player again.

    Way to go microsoft....
    ChaosInACT, Oct 15, 2009
  5. Did you try using "Turn Windows features on or off" to see if you could
    get it back?

    Bobby Johnson, Oct 16, 2009