    missing in Windows media player because I sent them a video and it played
    just fine on their Windows Media player. Anyone know how I might be able to
    solve this problem?

    Golden, Jul 27, 2009

  2. Hello,

    Reinstall Windows Media Player
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx

    Alternatively, play the video in another player software like VLC player
    (free)
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    --
    Regards,
    Singapore Computer Home Repair Service

    Singapore Computer Service, Jul 27, 2009

  3. Golden

    Aardvark Guest

    Aardvark, Jul 27, 2009
  4. Golden

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 02:44:30 +0800, "Singapore Computer Service"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Reinstall Windows Media Player
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx

    Umm.. Because that will help since the OP is missing a audio codec.

    >Alternatively, play the video in another player software like VLC player
    >(free)
    >http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    That will help IF VLC installs the codec the OP needs.

    Evan Platt, Jul 27, 2009
  5. In message <>, Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 02:44:30 +0800, "Singapore Computer Service"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello,
    > >
    > >Reinstall Windows Media Player
    > >http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx

    > Umm.. Because that will help since the OP is missing a audio codec.

    The latest version of WMP should have the up-to-date codecs.

    > >Alternatively, play the video in another player software like VLC player
    > >(free)
    > >http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    > That will help IF VLC installs the codec the OP needs.

    I'd trust VLC over WMP any day.

    Codec packs:http://www.codecguide.com/

    HTT

    --
    http://www.milksucks.com/pus.asp
    -James Madison

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 27, 2009
  6. Golden

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:15:01 GMT, Jordan <>
    wrote:

    >I needed to set up a computer to launch a video automatically from
    >switch-on. I set the BIOS to start the Windows OS from power up from a
    >power point timer switch. I put a link to Media Player into the Startup
    >folder, but that's when a limitation became evident - once it started,
    >it needed a human to click the "Full screen" option, otherwise I'd just
    >get the video in a window within the Windows desktop. I could find no
    >solution to this, until I realised that there are some great free video
    >players. GOM is the one I used, doing all I needed and with many more
    >configurable options than Windows Media Player.

    VLC:

    Shortcut properties:
    "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" C:\path\to\video\file.avi -f"

    I'm sure something similar would work for WMP.

    Evan Platt, Jul 28, 2009
  7. Golden

    Guest

    "Golden" <> wrote:

    >When I take videos with my web cam and I play it back in Windows Media
    >Player there is no sound. Windows Media Player will play other sounds but
    >not from my web cam. Logitech told my that I had some codes that were
    >missing in Windows media player because I sent them a video and it played
    >just fine on their Windows Media player. Anyone know how I might be able to
    >solve this problem?

    Download and install K-Light
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm

    --