    trouble with it.
    thanks
    Mark
    mcmr, Sep 22, 2006

  2. mcmr

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:46:20 +0100, mcmr Has Frothed:

    > Can I delete Windows Media Player from computer,I have XP and I always
    > have trouble with it.
    > thanks
    > Mark

    Yes you can uninstall it from control panel/add remove programs/add remove
    windows components.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Sep 22, 2006

  3. mcmr

    mcmr Guest

    I,ve looked there,no windows media player
    mark

    mcmr, Sep 22, 2006
  4. mcmr

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:12:50 +0100, mcmr Has Frothed:

    > I,ve looked there,no windows media player mark

    Well then yer on yer own I guess.

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:46:20 +0100, mcmr Has Frothed:
    >>
    >> > Can I delete Windows Media Player from computer,I have XP and I always
    >> > have trouble with it.
    >> > thanks
    >> > Mark

    >> Yes you can uninstall it from control panel/add remove programs/add
    >> remove windows components.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004
    >>
    >> COOSN-266-06-25794

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Sep 22, 2006
  5. mcmr wrote:
    > Can I delete Windows Media Player from computer,I have XP and I always have
    > trouble with it.
    > thanks
    > Mark

    Nope... ya can't

    although WMP 11 I find is a breeze!
    Tree Air Freshener, Sep 22, 2006
  6. mcmr

    richard Guest

    "mcmr" <> wrote in message
    > Can I delete Windows Media Player from computer,I have XP and I always
    > have
    > trouble with it.
    > thanks
    > Mark

    Since it's not listed in control panel, then you can go ahead and delete the
    folder.
    However, that will leave certain items in the registry that may be looking
    for it and you could possibly wind up getting an error message. Check the
    folders and see if it has an uninstall program.
    richard, Sep 22, 2006
  7. mcmr

    richard Guest

    "Tree Air Freshener" <> wrote in
    message news:4YSQg.2390$-nyc.rr.com...
    > mcmr wrote:
    >> Can I delete Windows Media Player from computer,I have XP and I always
    >> have
    >> trouble with it.
    >> thanks
    >> Mark
    >>

    > Nope... ya can't
    >
    > although WMP 11 I find is a breeze!

    Horsehockey, balderdash and bullshit!
    Any standalone program can be dumped.
    Including windoze.
    richard, Sep 22, 2006
  8. richard wrote:

    > "Tree Air Freshener" <> wrote in
    > message news:4YSQg.2390$-nyc.rr.com...
    >> mcmr wrote:
    >>> Can I delete Windows Media Player from computer,I have XP and I
    >>> always have
    >>> trouble with it.
    >>> thanks
    >>> Mark
    >>>

    >> Nope... ya can't
    >>
    >> although WMP 11 I find is a breeze!

    > Horsehockey, balderdash and bullshit!
    > Any standalone program can be dumped.
    > Including windoze.

    balderdash... is that game any fun?

    But seriously, yes you are correct, it's just better to leave it alone
    methinks than to generate possible error messages like you mentioned in
    your other reply.

    Salut!
    Transgendered Parrot, Sep 22, 2006
  9. mcmr

    Guest

    Tree Air Freshener <> wrote:

    >mcmr wrote:
    >> Can I delete Windows Media Player from computer,I have XP and I always have
    >> trouble with it.
    >> thanks
    >> Mark
    >>

    >Nope... ya can't

    >although WMP 11 I find is a breeze!

    Weren't you the one concern'd about DRM?
    WMP 11 is all about DRM and just a sample of the finial version of
    VIsta.

    MS stand on backing up your licenses (you can't)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/readme.aspx#1608319

    Both link'd from http://slashdot.org/index.pl?issue=20060921

    --
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=sud-IdjIV-o