    Could you tell me how to play MPEG 4 (.m4a) files in Windows Media
    Player 9? Thanks.
    By the way, I am running Windows Xp Pro (SP2)

    Joe, Jan 1, 2006

  2. Joe

    Guest

    Window Media Player 9 is not working anymore, download the 10th version

    , Jan 1, 2006

  3. Joe

    Tony B Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:19:40 +0000, Joe wrote:

    > Could you tell me how to play MPEG 4 (.m4a) files in Windows Media Player
    > 9? Thanks.
    > By the way, I am running Windows Xp Pro (SP2)

    Try renaming the file extension from .m4a to .mp4 - m4a is Apples version
    of mp4 and it is usually just an mp3 in an mp4 container.

    Tony B, Jan 1, 2006
  4. Joe

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:19:40 GMT, Joe <> wrote:

    >Could you tell me how to play MPEG 4 (.m4a) files in Windows Media
    >Player 9? Thanks.
    >By the way, I am running Windows Xp Pro (SP2)

    XviD is an open source MPEG4 codec.
    http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

    Introduction To Finding A Codec For Windows Media Play 9
    http://www.updatexp.com/codec-for-windows-media-player-9.html

    Latest free video and audio codecs
    http://www.free-codecs.com/index.htm

    Codec resources and alternatives:
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/finalbuilds.htm

    Download and run "Gspot". Then use it to open the file and determine the codec needed.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    AVIcodec - Similar to above
    http://avicodec.duby.info/

    DivX 3.11:
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec.html

    DivX 5.x
    http://www.divx.com/divx/

    MPEG2 Decoder Package
    http://www.elecard.com/download/

    http://video-codec.8m.com/codecs.htm

    http://www.xvid.org/
    http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

    Nimo pack.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

    FFDSHOW.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html

    Compression Codecs (Huge list)
    http://dshow.narod.ru/

    Download the MS-MPEG-4v3 codec fix (Win9x/NT4)
    on: http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml

    Download the K-Lite Codec pack. This contrains the most uptodate video and audio codecs.
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

    ACE Mega Codec Pack Professional Edition has practically every codec you need or ever wanted.
    This contains the latest version of every codec including DivX and XviD.
    http://www.sysonline.hu/files/codec/ACEMCP601PRO.exe
    http://sq5.onlinedown.net/down/ACEMCP601PRO.exe

    http://abmefaq.net for all your Multimedia answers

    Audio Codecs Resources
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

    "The Codecs" package.
    http://www.xelation.nl/theorica/codecs.htm

    QuickTime Alternative
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

    Windows Media Series Audio and Video Codecs
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/codecs.aspx

    Windows Media Player plug-ins
    <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9Series/GettingStarted//personalization/plugins.asp>

    VLC media player - The cross-platform media player and streaming server
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    Unk, Jan 2, 2006