    witch one to get?

    any help appreciated.

    Thanks

    Ant, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Ant

    Trevor Guest

    http://www.elecard.com/products/mpeg2std_encpack.shtml

    Trevor, Jul 28, 2005

  3. Ant

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:29:06 GMT, "Ant" <> wrote:

    >I have a new laptop that will not play mepeg2 files in the media player.
    >the message I get is that it may not recognise the file type or that a code
    >dec may be missing. what is a code dec, how do I get one and how do I know
    >witch one to get?
    >
    >any help appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks

    CODEC - COmpress/DECompress

    MPEG2 Decoder Package
    http://www.elecard.com/download/

    http://video-codec.8m.com/codecs.htm

    http://www.xvid.org/
    http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

    Nimo pack.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

    FFDSHOW.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html

    Download the MS-MPEG-4v3 codec fix (Win9x/NT4)
    on: http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml

    Compression Codecs (Huge list)
    http://dshow.narod.ru/

    Download the K-Lite Codec pack. This contrains the most uptodate video and audio codecs.
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

    ACE Mega Codec Pack Professional Edition has practically every codec you need or ever wanted.
    This contains the latest version of every codec including DivX and XviD.
    http://www.sysonline.hu/files/codec/ACEMCP601PRO.exe
    http://sq5.onlinedown.net/down/ACEMCP601PRO.exe

    http://abmefaq.net for all your Multimedia answers

    Audio Codecs Resources