    Real player and VLC will play the DVDS
    but I want to use Windows Media Player
    so that I can use the windows media centre remote.
    Paul Wadham, Apr 18, 2007

  2. Paul Wadham

    CoMa Guest

    On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 00:05:01 +1200, "Paul Wadham" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I have copied my dvd collection
    >to my hard drive.
    >But wmp won't play some of them
    >and says the region is wrong.
    >
    >However the region of the DVD
    >matches the region configuration for my dvd drive.
    >
    >Very frustrating.
    >
    >Real player and VLC will play the DVDS
    >but I want to use Windows Media Player
    >so that I can use the windows media centre remote.

    You have to install a codec that can decode DVD files

    Give "K-Lite Codec Pack" or "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack" a try
    http://www.k-litemegacodecpack.com/
    CoMa, Apr 18, 2007

  3. CoMa wrote:

    > On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 00:05:01 +1200, "Paul Wadham" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I have copied my dvd collection
    >>to my hard drive.
    >>But wmp won't play some of them
    >>and says the region is wrong.
    >>
    >>However the region of the DVD
    >>matches the region configuration for my dvd drive.
    >>
    >>Very frustrating.
    >>
    >>Real player and VLC will play the DVDS
    >>but I want to use Windows Media Player
    >>so that I can use the windows media centre remote.

    > You have to install a codec that can decode DVD files

    Uhm. Well, vlc and real do play them, so the codecs probably are
    already "onbard".

    Walter Mautner, Apr 18, 2007
  4. Paul Wadham

    CoMa Guest

    On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:33:12 +0200, Walter Mautner
    <> wrote:

    >>>Real player and VLC will play the DVDS
    >>>but I want to use Windows Media Player
    >>>so that I can use the windows media centre remote.

    >> You have to install a codec that can decode DVD files
    >>

    >Uhm. Well, vlc and real do play them, so the codecs probably are
    >already "onbard".

    VLC has it's codecs already built-in,
    they are located in VLC's plugin directory.
    So VLC don't use windows installed codecs.
    CoMa, Apr 18, 2007
  5. Try VLC

    Father Ted Crilly, Apr 18, 2007