    I've tried reinstalling WMP9-- didn't help. Even after reformatting the
    hard drive and updating to version 9, it STILL hangs when playing.

    Anyone ever encountered this problem?
    Kiddie Grinder, Apr 2, 2004

  2. Kiddie Grinder

    rnd Guest

    Use something else to play your media files...

    "Kiddie Grinder" <> wrote in message
    > This problem with WMP9 started a couple of months ago...
    >
    > When music or a video is playing, it gets stuck for a couple of seconds,

    and
    > the visualizations also hang for a few seconds. It's like the old LP's

    when
    > they would hit a bad spot and suddenly skip on to the next words; WMP9

    hangs

    rnd, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Kiddie Grinder

    Norm Guest

    > This problem with WMP9 started a couple of months ago...
    >
    > When music or a video is playing, it gets stuck for a couple of seconds,

    and
    > the visualizations also hang for a few seconds. It's like the old LP's

    when
    > they would hit a bad spot and suddenly skip on to the next words; WMP9

    hangs
    > for a couple of seconds, then recovers and continues playing the song,
    > video, etc.
    >
    > I've tried reinstalling WMP9-- didn't help. Even after reformatting the
    > hard drive and updating to version 9, it STILL hangs when playing.
    >
    > Anyone ever encountered this problem?

    The problem is your CPU.

    See what other applications are running at the same time. WMP9 is a
    resource hog.

    You have 3 options to solve this problem.

    1. Get a faster CPU

    2. Stop all uneeded processes when using WMP9

    3. Stop using WMP9 and get another player.

    Norm
    Norm, Apr 2, 2004