    I couldn't find the URGE.msi file on my machine or the internet. Any
    ideas?

    Steve M.

    Steve Meyerson, Aug 28, 2007

  2. Steve Meyerson

    hutch Guest

    "Steve Meyerson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    WinXP SP2

    I recently started to get the error message window looking for
    URGE.msi as part of the Windows Media Player 11 installation. I have
    to use the Task Manager to end the installation routine.

    I tried to remove WMP 11, but it would only let me revert to WMP 10
    (thanks Microsoft). I then downloaded WMP 11 from the internet and
    tried to reinstall it without URGE. But same thing.

    I couldn't find the URGE.msi file on my machine or the internet. Any
    ideas?

    Steve M.

    I don't want URGE anyway. I just don't pay any attention to it. Why do you
    want it? As for WMP 10, I tried to revert to that and I decided that 11 was
    easier and better inspite of the URGE.

    hutch, Aug 28, 2007

  3. On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:41:33 -0400, "hutch" <> wrote:

    >"Steve Meyerson" <> wrote in message
    >WinXP SP2
    >
    >I recently started to get the error message window looking for
    >URGE.msi as part of the Windows Media Player 11 installation. I have
    >to use the Task Manager to end the installation routine.
    >
    >I tried to remove WMP 11, but it would only let me revert to WMP 10
    >(thanks Microsoft). I then downloaded WMP 11 from the internet and
    >tried to reinstall it without URGE. But same thing.
    >
    >I couldn't find the URGE.msi file on my machine or the internet. Any
    >ideas?
    >
    >Steve M.
    >
    >I don't want URGE anyway. I just don't pay any attention to it. Why do you
    >want it? As for WMP 10, I tried to revert to that and I decided that 11 was
    >easier and better inspite of the URGE.

    I agree. I selected the "Custom" install and chose to NOT install URGE
    by selecting the other option "Use no internet source" (or something
    like that). But for some reason it tries to install it anyway. ???
    Steve

    Steve Meyerson, Aug 28, 2007
  4. Steve Meyerson

    ded Guest

    > WinXP SP2
    >
    > I recently started to get the error message window looking for
    > URGE.msi as part of the Windows Media Player 11 installation. I have
    > to use the Task Manager to end the installation routine.
    >
    > I tried to remove WMP 11, but it would only let me revert to WMP 10
    > (thanks Microsoft). I then downloaded WMP 11 from the internet and
    > tried to reinstall it without URGE. But same thing.
    >
    > I couldn't find the URGE.msi file on my machine or the internet. Any
    > ideas?
    >
    > Steve M.

    I can find no reference to anything named "URGE.msi file".

    Windows error messages are not made up "on-the-fly", they are built in and
    are generated when something is amiss, there is the MS knowledgebase
    where you can check causes/solutions for specific error messages:
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=&spid=global

    Type into the KB search, *exactly* as the error message appears.
    Include any code that displays with the error message.

    ded, Aug 28, 2007
  5. On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:50:50 +0100, "ded" <>
    wrote:

    >"Steve Meyerson" <> wrote in message
    >> WinXP SP2
    >>
    >> I recently started to get the error message window looking for
    >> URGE.msi as part of the Windows Media Player 11 installation. I have
    >> to use the Task Manager to end the installation routine.
    >>
    >> I tried to remove WMP 11, but it would only let me revert to WMP 10
    >> (thanks Microsoft). I then downloaded WMP 11 from the internet and
    >> tried to reinstall it without URGE. But same thing.
    >>
    >> I couldn't find the URGE.msi file on my machine or the internet. Any
    >> ideas?
    >>
    >> Steve M.
    >>

    >I can find no reference to anything named "URGE.msi file".
    >
    >Windows error messages are not made up "on-the-fly", they are built in and
    >are generated when something is amiss, there is the MS knowledgebase
    >where you can check causes/solutions for specific error messages:
    >http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=&spid=global
    >
    >Type into the KB search, *exactly* as the error message appears.
    >Include any code that displays with the error message.

    Good idea. However, I didn't get the message today. I think that's
    because I uninstalled URGE from my drive. It didn't occur to me
    previously that it was even installed, so I hadn't even looked for it
    on the "Add/Remove" program list. Anyway, I think it's cured. Thanks
    for your response.
    Steve

    Steve Meyerson, Aug 28, 2007