    I drive a truck over the road and thinking about purchasing one.

    Thanks in advance for any info,
    Sarah

    Sarah Pellerito, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Sarah Pellerito

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| Hi All,
    >|
    >| Does anyone know if you can download steaming audio (or archived
    >| audio) i.e. radio shows, to an MP3 player?
    >| I drive a truck over the road and thinking about purchasing one.
    >|
    >| Thanks in advance for any info,
    >| Sarah

    Three steps:
    1) record broadcast to hard drive:
    http://emoney.al.ru/capture-streaming-video-and-audio/record-streaming-audio.htm
    2) convert broadcast to MP3 (many programs to do that ... search
    www.google.com
    3) burn to disc (I like MusicMatch)
    I don't think you can do it in any simpler way.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Sarah Pellerito

    gronod Guest

    Hi,
    You can use a free utility such as all2wav to record streaming audio
    direct to hard drive.
    Search www.download.com for audio converters, then burn to disk or download
    straight to mp3 player, loads of these on market for about £50 upwards in
    the UK.
    Grodon

    gronod, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Sarah Pellerito

    Dodo Guest

    For Windows Media streaming audio:

    Get an MP3 player that also plays WMA...most do.

    Right-click the listen link and Save Target As...

    This should have saved an ASX file to your computer.

    Open the ASX file with Notepad and find the link to the streaming audio
    file...will look like: mms://...

    Use SDP, http://sdp.ppona.com/, to download the ASF file from the mms link.

    Rename the ASF file to WMA and copy to your portable device.

    Dodo, Oct 21, 2004