    again if it still dosent work? I think I tried v10 ages ago for about an
    hour, but can't remember how i got back to v9 again.

    cheers for any hints

    me, Oct 23, 2006

  2. me

    JANA Guest

    Go to the administrator section, and look at the error logs to see if you
    see any error log concerning the system or the Media Player. It is possible
    that there is a corrupt file causing this.

    Just for interest, have you tried Winamp?

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "me" <> wrote in message
    I have WMP 9 on my PC (XP Pro SP2)but when i try to view videos online it
    always seems to lock up then my PC just shuts off,and its getting very
    annoying. I wanted to look at the football highlights today but each time i
    tried it, even with a different browser it happened again.I tried
    Mozilla,Mozilla Firefox,and IE6.

    WMP works fine if the files are played locally,but remotely is when it gives
    me the problem.
    Would upgrading to WMP10 be any use,and would I be able to go back to v9

    JANA, Oct 23, 2006

  3. me

    me Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in message
    > Go to the administrator section, and look at the error logs to see if you
    > see any error log concerning the system or the Media Player. It is
    > possible
    > that there is a corrupt file causing this.
    >
    > Just for interest, have you tried Winamp?
    >
    > --
    >
    > JANA

    Haven't tried Winamp,not sure if it would do any good with the videos that
    are embedded in a website,ie,it dosen't open WMP in a separate window on my
    PC . But for the ones where it opens WMP as a seperate window,I guess
    Winamp could be set to the default player.

    Windows Movie Maker also crashes when i try to capture videos. Maybe the 2
    are connected by the same problem.
    Friend of mine says he has no problems with his.

    me, Oct 23, 2006