    dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

    What could be causing this, and how do I fix it?

    Thanks
    LookImSorry, Nov 13, 2005

  2. LookImSorry

    chrispsg Guest

    Try running this from the start menu->run command RunDll32
    advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\wmp.inf,Uninstall

    Then try to install Media Player.

    Hope this helps,
    psg
    chrispsg, Nov 13, 2005

  3. LookImSorry

    Unk Guest

    On 12 Nov 2005 21:32:03 -0800, "LookImSorry" <> wrote:

    >Whenever I go to install WIndows Media Player 9 on a Windows 2000
    >system, I get the following error (following the install process, this
    >is at run time):
    >title: setup_wm.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    >txt: The procedure entry point GetUserGeoID could not be located in the
    >dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
    >
    >What could be causing this, and how do I fix it?
    >
    >Thanks

    Try this...

    Copy and Paste the following into the Start, Run box:
    command RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\wmp.inf,Uninstall

    Then reinstall it.
    Unk, Nov 13, 2005