    Version of Media Player in W7 - 12.0.7600.16415

    Best regards and thank you for your answers.
    Curious

    Curious, Nov 18, 2009

  2. Curious

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Windows 7 uses a new type of video decoders (called Windows Media
    Foundation) as opposed to the DirectShow filters used in Vista.
    No matter what decoders (K-lite codec pack, ffdshow, etc.) you install in
    Windows 7, it will still use the WMF ones.
    DirectShow filters were the ones that allowed you seeing the subtitles and
    those don't work out of the box in Windows 7.
    Not everything is lost, I CAN see subtitles with Windows Media Player in
    Windows 7 x64 aftera little tweaking.
    You will just have to do some research here:
    http://www.hack7mc.com/category/subtitles
    It is all legal material, no cracking involved.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 18, 2009