    "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the associated
    playlist is not valid." Does anyone know how to fix this error problem
    so as to downstream from the internet??
    santa, Oct 3, 2005

  2. santa

    Dave Lear Guest

    "santa" wrote in message
    news:

    > "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the
    > associated playlist is not valid." Does anyone know how
    > to fix this error problem so as to downstream from the internet??

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Wi... because the associated playlist is not valid

    First link returned is...
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/9series/playererrors.aspx

    If you're not using WMP9 then tell us what version you are using, what
    version of Windows it's running on, give example URLs for the music file(s)
    you can't play, etc.
    Dave Lear, Oct 3, 2005

  3. santa

    santa Guest

    Windows XP. Its gettin it to play radio stations.
    Cheers.
    santa, Oct 3, 2005
  4. santa

    Dave Lear Guest

    "santa" wrote in message

    > Windows XP. Its gettin it to play radio stations.

    Did you miss this bit of my post...

    >> If you're not using WMP9 then tell us what version you are using,
    >> what version of Windows it's running on, give example URLs for
    >> the music file(s) you can't play, etc.

    WinXP has WMP8.0
    WinXPSP1 has WMP8.1
    WinXPSP2 has WMP9
    WMP10 is available.
    Which one are you using? With WMP open choose Help, About and it'll show
    you.

    Which radio station / stations? Give example URLs for other people to try.
    That helps establish whether the fault's with your config or with the radio
    station.
    Dave Lear, Oct 3, 2005
  5. santa

    santa Guest

    santa, Oct 3, 2005
  6. santa

    Dave Lear Guest

    "santa" wrote in message

    > www.thewordismusic.com
    > I'am using WMP10.

    I'm using WMP10 on WinXP Pro and tried the broadband listening option. Gave
    a warning about using web pages with active content, allowed that
    temporarily and it played successfully. Have you perhaps made IE6's internet
    zone higher security than default, i.e. is all active content disallowed?
    Anyway, the advice on the homepage is...

    Problems listening?
    Let us know about it.
    CONTACT US

    The link takes you to
    http://www.thewordismusic.com/contact.php
    Dave Lear, Oct 4, 2005
  7. santa

    Mark1

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    solution

    I am running vista business and renamed the urege directory to urge1 and solved the problem.

    In vista the path to the urge directory is as follows----
    C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\MTV Networks\Urge

    I then deleted the urege1 directory without a problem.
    Mark1, Oct 10, 2007