  1. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Does this beta run in win 64? If it does where can I d/l?

    Kue2, May 20, 2006

  2. Kue2

    Rick Guest

    No.

    Rick, May 20, 2006

  3. Kue2

    DP Guest

    Rick:
    Are you saying it won't run in x64? Or are you just saying it's not a 64-bit
    app?
    Why wouldn't it run in x64?

    DP, May 20, 2006
  4. Kue2

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    The Windows Media Player 11 beta will only run on Windows XP SP2 (by
    design). The installer detects that you aren't running this and bails out
    if you try to install it in XP x64. A native 64-bit version of the player
    is included with Windows Vista x64; when a player that will run on XP x64
    will be available is unclear.

    (It may be possible, with some effort, to get WMP11 to run on XP x64 by
    messing around with it, however, this would certainly not be supported.)

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, May 20, 2006
  5. It only supports Windows XP x86. If you try running it on XP Pro x64 you
    will get "not a supported operating system error.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 20, 2006
  6. Kue2

    Rick Guest

    It won't run in Win x64 because Microsoft did not opt to make a version
    available that would. You'll have to get the specifics from Microsoft.

    Rick, May 20, 2006
  7. ok so what can I use for a media player i have xp64 bit and about 300g of
    music I have always played on media player do you know of a 64 bit player?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGVycnk=?=, Aug 10, 2006
  8. Kue2

    Jane C Guest

    XP Professional x64 comes with Windows Media Player 10 included. It plays
    all of my music and video clips just fine.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :)

    Jane C, Aug 10, 2006
  9. Kue2

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Furthermore...
    It's not XP, but a native x64 version of Windows Media Player 11 is included
    in Windows Vista.
    (It is unclear as to whether or not there will be *any* WMP11 offering for
    Windows XP x64 at this time.)

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Aug 10, 2006
  10. My understanding is that there will be when WMP11 rtm's.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 10, 2006
  11. Kue2

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    That's nice to hear...
    I haven't been able to find anything about it.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Aug 10, 2006
  12. An x64 version was not needed for beta testing. Its the same functionality.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 10, 2006