    DVD's using this program. It's no real problem, as I have POWER DVD,
    which is an excellent player (it came with my LG Burner). Is there a
    plugin that is required?

    E. Barry Bruyea, Jan 3, 2005

  2. On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 07:27:37 -0500, E. Barry Bruyea <it'>
    wrote:

    >I recently installed WMP 9, but have yet to figure out how you play
    >DVD's using this program. It's no real problem, as I have POWER DVD,
    >which is an excellent player (it came with my LG Burner). Is there a
    >plugin that is required?

    Power DVd should have registered its codecs for use in Media Player by
    default. Some program subsequent to the installation of PowerDVD maybe
    has taken codec priority away from Cybelink's to something
    incompatible with WMP. In any case just register PowerDVD's codecs
    again with a .bat similar to that below. Or enter each line then
    /Return. Edit the path if necessary to where the .ax files actually
    reside.

    regsvr32 C:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\videofilter\CLVSD.ax
    regsvr32 c:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\audiofilter\CLAUD.ax
    regsvr32 C:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\navfilter\CLNAVX.ax

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Jan 3, 2005

  3. On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 08:31:15 -0500, "Steve(JazzHunter)"
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 07:27:37 -0500, E. Barry Bruyea <it'>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I recently installed WMP 9, but have yet to figure out how you play
    >>DVD's using this program. It's no real problem, as I have POWER DVD,
    >>which is an excellent player (it came with my LG Burner). Is there a
    >>plugin that is required?

    >Power DVd should have registered its codecs for use in Media Player by
    >default. Some program subsequent to the installation of PowerDVD maybe
    >has taken codec priority away from Cybelink's to something
    >incompatible with WMP. In any case just register PowerDVD's codecs
    >again with a .bat similar to that below. Or enter each line then
    >/Return. Edit the path if necessary to where the .ax files actually
    >reside.
    >
    >regsvr32 C:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\videofilter\CLVSD.ax
    >regsvr32 c:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\audiofilter\CLAUD.ax
    >regsvr32 C:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\navfilter\CLNAVX.ax
    >
    >.. Steve ..

    Thanks, Steve.

    E. Barry Bruyea, Jan 3, 2005
  4. On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:50:37 -0500, E. Barry Bruyea <it'>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 08:31:15 -0500, "Steve(JazzHunter)"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 07:27:37 -0500, E. Barry Bruyea <it'>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>I recently installed WMP 9, but have yet to figure out how you play
    >>>DVD's using this program. It's no real problem, as I have POWER DVD,
    >>>which is an excellent player (it came with my LG Burner). Is there a
    >>>plugin that is required?

    >>Power DVd should have registered its codecs for use in Media Player by
    >>default. Some program subsequent to the installation of PowerDVD maybe
    >>has taken codec priority away from Cybelink's to something
    >>incompatible with WMP. In any case just register PowerDVD's codecs
    >>again with a .bat similar to that below. Or enter each line then
    >>/Return. Edit the path if necessary to where the .ax files actually
    >>reside.
    >>
    >>regsvr32 C:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\videofilter\CLVSD.ax
    >>regsvr32 c:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\audiofilter\CLAUD.ax
    >>regsvr32 C:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\navfilter\CLNAVX.ax
    >>
    >>.. Steve ..

    >Thanks, Steve.

    I tried your suggestion, still no joy. WMP 9 still won't recognize &
    play DVD's.

    E. Barry Bruyea, Jan 4, 2005
  5. On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:13:49 -0500, E. Barry Bruyea <it'>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:50:37 -0500, E. Barry Bruyea <it'>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 08:31:15 -0500, "Steve(JazzHunter)"
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Power DVd should have registered its codecs for use in Media Player by
    >>>default. Some program subsequent to the installation of PowerDVD maybe
    >>>has taken codec priority away from Cybelink's to something
    >>>incompatible with WMP. In any case just register PowerDVD's codecs
    >>>again with a .bat similar to that below. Or enter each line then
    >>>/Return. Edit the path if necessary to where the .ax files actually
    >>>reside.
    >>>
    >>>regsvr32 C:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\videofilter\CLVSD.ax
    >>>regsvr32 c:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\audiofilter\CLAUD.ax
    >>>regsvr32 C:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\navfilter\CLNAVX.ax
    >>>
    >>>.. Steve ..

    >>Thanks, Steve.

    >I tried your suggestion, still no joy. WMP 9 still won't recognize &
    >play DVD's.

    If it were going to work it probably would have done so immediately
    after installing PowerDVD anyway. I can only think there's still a
    codec with higher priority that Media Player doesn't like. Look for
    all files with the .ax extension and see what there is unrelated to
    Cyberlink. PowerDVD and WinDVD are better players for DVDs anyway but
    one last thing you can do is rip a DVD with ISObuster so that you have
    just the Mpeg, then open that in Media Player 6.4 (It's still in
    there, run mplayer2.exe) and on menu properties for the mpeg see what
    decoder and splitter are being used..

    Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Jan 5, 2005
  6. On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 07:55:20 -0500, "Steve(JazzHunter)"
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:13:49 -0500, E. Barry Bruyea <it'>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:50:37 -0500, E. Barry Bruyea <it'>
    >>wrote:

    >>>Thanks, Steve.

    >>I tried your suggestion, still no joy. WMP 9 still won't recognize &
    >>play DVD's.

    >If it were going to work it probably would have done so immediately
    >after installing PowerDVD anyway. I can only think there's still a
    >codec with higher priority that Media Player doesn't like. Look for
    >all files with the .ax extension and see what there is unrelated to
    >Cyberlink. PowerDVD and WinDVD are better players for DVDs anyway but
    >one last thing you can do is rip a DVD with ISObuster so that you have
    >just the Mpeg, then open that in Media Player 6.4 (It's still in
    >there, run mplayer2.exe) and on menu properties for the mpeg see what
    >decoder and splitter are being used..

    That was a bit simplistic, obtain an Mpeg2, either DVD-720 or SVCD-480
    SOMEHOW and see what Media Player 6.4 is using as the codec.

    Steve(JazzHunter), Jan 5, 2005