Windows Media Player 11 will not play mpg/wmv files

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by joewo, Jan 8, 2007.

  1. joewo

    joewo Guest

    So I installed ULead v 5.0 yesterday which may have something to do
    with my issue.

    My issue is that Windows Media Player 11 will not play mpg files or
    wmv files.

    I redownloaded wmp11 and reinstalled it but it still fails to play
    these videos...I have downloaded the codec packages from microsoft and
    rebooted and wmp11 still does not play wmv files nor mpg files.

    I can play mpg video files with Windows Movie Maker and ITunes and
    Winamp.
    I can play wmv video files with Winamp.

    I convert mpg movies in Movie Maker to WMV and play them in Winamp.

    How can I coerce Windows Media Plkayer 11 to play those files?

    joewo, Jan 8, 2007