    dumbing down performance to "best performance" in Vista advanced
    settings but nothing changes it...
    TT
    TT, Feb 25, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    TT <> wrote:

    > WMP 11 in Vista Ultimate (32bit OEM version) won't play anything
    > correctly. It will playback video incredibly slow with no audio and
    > audio files will have no audio. The format doesn't seem to matter-these
    > are WMV and WMP files as well as mpg files and standard audio
    > files...anyone else seeing this? All of the online help seems to be
    > aimed at codec issues but that's not the problem. I'm running a Pent
    > Core 2 DUO 6600 with 4GB of PC 6400 and a top notch mobo...I tried
    > dumbing down performance to "best performance" in Vista advanced
    > settings but nothing changes it...
    > TT

    Are the correct driers installed for your motherboard chipset, your
    video card, and your sound card?
    David Matthew Wood, Feb 25, 2007

  3. TT

    TT Guest

    David Matthew Wood wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > TT <> wrote:
    >
    >> WMP 11 in Vista Ultimate (32bit OEM version) won't play anything
    >> correctly. It will playback video incredibly slow with no audio and
    >> audio files will have no audio. The format doesn't seem to matter-these
    >> are WMV and WMP files as well as mpg files and standard audio
    >> files...anyone else seeing this? All of the online help seems to be
    >> aimed at codec issues but that's not the problem. I'm running a Pent
    >> Core 2 DUO 6600 with 4GB of PC 6400 and a top notch mobo...I tried
    >> dumbing down performance to "best performance" in Vista advanced
    >> settings but nothing changes it...
    >> TT

    > Are the correct driers installed for your motherboard chipset, your
    > video card, and your sound card?

    Yes...I updated all of the drivers when I went from XP Pro to Vista
    Ultimate a few weeks back. The strange thing is this only happens in
    WMP 11. Anytime another player ( or web based player) is used..all is
    well....the worst offenders are the Windows based formats....
    TT, Feb 27, 2007