    avaliable to windows xp users

    Any suggestions most welcome.

    EP.
    English Patient, Feb 27, 2006

  2. English Patient

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "English Patient" <my_castle@on_the_hill.com> wrote in
    news::

    > I have Windows Xp and recently downloaded the upgrade from WMP9 to
    > WMP10
    >
    > Now when I try to player a recording from my TV Card (in mpeg2 file
    > format) all I get is a blank screen and audio.
    >
    > There's nothing wrong with my mpeg files since they open all find and
    > dandy using VideoReDo.
    >
    > I thought returning to WMP9 would fix things but it seems WMP9 is no
    > longer avaliable to windows xp users
    >
    > Any suggestions most welcome.

    Try playing with VLC
    http://www.videolan.org

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, Feb 27, 2006

  3. "fred-bloggs" <> wrote in message
    > "English Patient" <my_castle@on_the_hill.com> wrote in
    >
    >> I have Windows Xp and recently downloaded the upgrade from WMP9 to
    >> WMP10
    >>
    >> Now when I try to player a recording from my TV Card (in mpeg2 file
    >> format) all I get is a blank screen and audio.
    >>
    >> There's nothing wrong with my mpeg files since they open all find and
    >> dandy using VideoReDo.
    >>
    >> I thought returning to WMP9 would fix things but it seems WMP9 is no
    >> longer avaliable to windows xp users
    >>
    >> Any suggestions most welcome.
    >>

    > Try playing with VLC
    > http://www.videolan.org
    >

    > --
    > fred

    Thanx for the link.

    Have dnlded it and can now view my files once again. :)
    Guess it's gonna take a while to get used to using a diff player.

    Now if only I could get the playlist to be displayed on the RHS of the
    screen
    like WMP does, rather than as a separate window <- any ideas ?

    EP.
    English Patient, Feb 27, 2006
  4. English Patient

    Beck Guest

    I don't know of the program you are using now, but I can say that I use Ace
    DivX Player and it is another good player. It has the playlist option too.
    Its at: http://www.soft32.com/download_4744.html
    I use this now because I too had big problems with WMP 10. Not sure if it is
    just a bug in this version, but I would get locked up and have to reboot.
    Beck.

    Beck, Feb 27, 2006