    There must be a reg key to delete or something to get rid of this

    any help appreciated..

    thanks...

    Rabid man, Jan 29, 2007

  2. Rabid man

    John Barnes Guest

    What system are you running? You need to change the default player for the
    file type you are having problems with to some other player, or have no
    default for the file type.

    John Barnes, Jan 29, 2007

  3. Rabid man

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On 28 Jan 2007 18:29:18 -0800, "Rabid man" <> wrote:

    >There must be a reg key to delete or something to get rid of this

    Did you try and tick off the "DVD Video" in "Options>File Types"?

    Jud Hendrix, Jan 29, 2007
  4. Rabid man

    Rabid man Guest

    Thanks for the responses
    This is not an association problem. Running xp64. Media player classic
    handles all my media files and launches properly
    everytime. I'm an experience user with 6 computers and several builds
    behind me...

    I just assumed this was a xp64 behaviour and I'm new to xp64
    When ever I insert a disc that has any avi files on it (in various
    formats), this stupid install dialog launches...
    I just thought of something - perhaps I can launch it and check task
    manager to see what pops up - could give me clue...

    If not I may just concede and install the player. It's not the end of
    the world but I hate things like this..

    thanks

    Rabid man, Jan 30, 2007