    title, I have to hit the back button to return to the previous window.

    I didn't have this problem with Firefox so far as I recall, or
    Netscape before that. Is there a fix?.

    Jim, Dec 16, 2005

  2. Jim

    gwtc Guest

    Jim wrote:

    > Using Mozilla 1.7.11...
    >
    > If I am on a music sales site and click to sample a Windows Media
    > file, the window goes blank and has a title usually connect to the URL
    > of the music sample. Windows Media itself opens in a regular Windows
    > Media window, not within Mozilla. And if I want to sample another
    > title, I have to hit the back button to return to the previous window.
    >
    > I didn't have this problem with Firefox so far as I recall, or
    > Netscape before that. Is there a fix?.

    can you post a link so someone can go and check it out. Thanks

    gwtc, Dec 16, 2005

  3. Jim

    Guest

    On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:45:50 -0800, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >Jim wrote:
    >
    >> Using Mozilla 1.7.11...
    >>
    >> If I am on a music sales site and click to sample a Windows Media
    >> file, the window goes blank and has a title usually connect to the URL
    >> of the music sample. Windows Media itself opens in a regular Windows
    >> Media window, not within Mozilla. And if I want to sample another
    >> title, I have to hit the back button to return to the previous window.
    >>
    >> I didn't have this problem with Firefox so far as I recall, or
    >> Netscape before that. Is there a fix?.

    >can you post a link so someone can go and check it out. Thanks

    Here ya go. Click on any of the thumbprints to see them.
    You might like them too.

    Thanks

    http://www.christmaswonders.com/2005_Video.html

    , Dec 16, 2005
  4. Jim

    <> wrote:

    >Jim wrote:
    >
    >> Using Mozilla 1.7.11...
    >>
    >> If I am on a music sales site and click to sample a Windows Media
    >> file, the window goes blank and has a title usually connect to the URL
    >> of the music sample. Windows Media itself opens in a regular Windows
    >> Media window, not within Mozilla. And if I want to sample another
    >> title, I have to hit the back button to return to the previous window.
    >>
    >> I didn't have this problem with Firefox so far as I recall, or
    >> Netscape before that. Is there a fix?.

    >can you post a link so someone can go and check it out. Thanks

    Go to ANY music listing on towerrecords.com which contains music
    sample. Click on a WMA file sample. Ditto for barnesandnoble.com

    On the site that santaclaus posted in response to my original post:
    at least on that one, the original site window stays open, a new
    window opens with the URL of the music sample and then windows media
    opens in a non-Mozilla window.

    I do have an installed plugin titled:
    Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library

    Jim

    Jim, Dec 17, 2005