Windows Media Crashing in 64 bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Don Whaley, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. Don Whaley

    Don Whaley Guest

    So, I fixed my game crashing problems with x64 XP Pro by switching to the
    nVidia audio drivers. My only problem now however is the constant crashing
    of Windows Media Player; and the fact that I cant find any other players
    that are 64 bit capable yet. Basically every so often Windows Media will
    simply crash giving the following error sign:

    My compy specs are below... any help would be very appreciated:

    Windows XP x64 Professional

    Asus A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard

    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+

    1024 MB RAM - A Data

    Arrow Max 550 W Power Supply

    MSI NVidia 7800GTX Video

    80mm fan in front

    120mm fan in rear

    Extra in case fan blowing out rear

    ForceWare 77.77

    Audio: nForce4 Harware w/ 4.62 driver. Realtek ALC850 Codec.

    Don Whaley, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Don:
    There are no x64 players for the time being.
    Use "Windows media player classic" instead.
    It's a freeware x32 app that works flawlessly (and faster) on x64.
    You might also want to download its comanions "realmedia alternative" and
    "quicktime alternative".
    Those are free codecs which add additional capacity (real media and
    quicktime alternative) to windows media player classic.
    Google for it. You will find it at once.

    On the other hand I see you are not using the latest motherboard drivers
    (visit ASUS) and graphic card drivers (latest are 78.01).
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 8, 2005