    device without buying the XP MCE please? Or does anyone know a better
    newsgroup to post to about this

    Many Thanks in advance!
    Super Duper MMI, Feb 24, 2006

  2. X-No-Archive: YES
    Super Duper MMI [] has entered into
    testimony
    mPBLf.11$

    > Have installed a new computer for a relative. XP Media Center Edition.
    > However he does not need the remote control and infa red device that
    > comes with it. I am running XP Home on my own machine and he has
    > given me the remote etc for me to use. Where would I download the
    > drivers just for the device without buying the XP MCE please? Or does
    > anyone know a better newsgroup to post to about this
    >
    > Many Thanks in advance!

    Ummmmmmmm.... microsoft.com?

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com
    Chadwick Stone©, Feb 24, 2006

  3. Have looked there. That was my first port of call

    Super Duper MMI, Feb 24, 2006
  4. Super Duper MMI

    Mitch Guest

    In article <mPBLf.11$>, Super Duper MMI
    <> wrote:

    > Have installed a new computer for a relative. XP Media Center Edition.
    > However he does not need the remote control and infa red device that comes
    > with it. I am running XP Home on my own machine and he has given me the
    > remote etc for me to use. Where would I download the drivers just for the
    > device without buying the XP MCE please? Or does anyone know a better
    > newsgroup to post to about this
    >
    > Many Thanks in advance!

    You didn't mention whether your computer has an infrared sensor.

    If it doesn't, the receiver you buy may have a driver package to use.
    Mitch, Feb 24, 2006
  5. It came with a usb box thing which I think is the sensor, but I think the
    drivers must be on the media center edition of XP and not separate for me to
    install.

    Super Duper MMI, Feb 25, 2006
  6. Super Duper MMI

    Margolotta Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:09:06 +0000, Super Duper MMI wrote
    (in article <mPBLf.11$>):

    > Have installed a new computer for a relative. XP Media Center Edition.
    > However he does not need the remote control and infa red device that comes
    > with it. I am running XP Home on my own machine and he has given me the
    > remote etc for me to use. Where would I download the drivers just for the
    > device without buying the XP MCE please? Or does anyone know a better
    > newsgroup to post to about this
    >
    > Many Thanks in advance!

    You cannot. It was designed for use with MCE only.
    Margolotta, Feb 25, 2006