  1. does windows media center work with x64 windows or not? I've ben searching
    around to see if i could buy it and it would work, but i can't find any
    information anywhere hopefully someone knows on here?
    =?Utf-8?B?cm9oaWNrcw==?=, Jan 2, 2006

  2. MCE 2005 is 32 bit OS, non x64.
    "rohicks" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:...
    ¢Û¢ñ¢ë¢ú¢÷¢û¢÷¢î¢ü¡@¢Û¢ä¢Þ §E®m©ú \(¢Þ¢é¢ý¢ô¡@¢ç¢ý, Jan 2, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cm9oaWNrcw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Windows Media Center is not available in x64. Will probably have a Media
    Center version in Vista. At least it is mentioned in the various lists of
    expected Vista versions.

    John Barnes, Jan 2, 2006
  4. rohicks wrote:
    > does windows media center work with x64 windows or not?

    No, there is no 64-bit version of WinXP MCE. Nor has Microsoft even
    hinted at the possibility of there ever being one.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH
    Bruce Chambers, Jan 2, 2006
  5. Media Center is in the 64 bit version of Vista, so thats a hint that there
    will be one.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 2, 2006
  6. Andre Da Costa wrote:
    > Media Center is in the 64 bit version of Vista, so thats a hint that there
    > will be one.

    I suppose so. I was thinking of WinXP editions. It's far too early to
    do anything more than speculate about Windows Vista editions.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH
    Bruce Chambers, Jan 2, 2006
  7. For the Windows XP x64 edition, don't expect a Media Center Edition,
    especially with all development focused on Windows Vista and remember,
    Windows XP Professional x64 is a workstation operating system, if MCE
    capabilities were added to it, it cost significantly more for OEMs and
    consumers, since XP Professional x64 is equivalent to XP Professional x86 in
    terms of cost and licensing.

    As for speculation on Vista, this period in development certain things can
    be confirmed, there will be a 64 bit version of Vista with MCE capabilities.

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 2, 2006
  8. Some beta testers are in fact using MCE Vista beta 1.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 2, 2006
  9. Media Center is a Windows XP edition, just like Home and Pro. It doesn't
    work with Windows, it IS Windows. There is no x64 edition of XP MCE and
    will not be. The first x64 MCE will be Vista but it will not be called MCE.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 2, 2006