    on a compaq laptop 1800T is this possible and how do i do it? I just did
    damage to my other HP PC can't get it to work long story need help with that
    too..been working all day

    =?Utf-8?B?b25seWFodW1hbg==?=, Aug 26, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?b25seWFodW1hbg==?=

    Jay Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?b25seWFodW1hbg==?=" <>
    wrote in news::

    > hi does anyone here know if its possible to replace windows ME to
    > windows XP on a compaq laptop 1800T is this possible and how do i do
    > it? I just did damage to my other HP PC can't get it to work long
    > story need help with that too..been working all day

    1. Go to store
    2. Buy windows XP CD
    4. Open cupholder
    5. Insert CD
    6. Follow instructions on screen.

    Just make sure your system is above tie system requirements. Since you
    already have ME on your computer, get the upgrade, but do a clean install
    with it. Be sure to have your ME disk handy because sometimes it ask for
    the old media to prove that you are allowed to use the upgrade version.

    Jay

    Jay, Aug 26, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?b25seWFodW1hbg==?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Aug 26, 2004 "Jay" blathered:

    > 4. Open cupholder

    Nice touch.

    --
    TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
    MCNGP.com - "We're here to help!"

    TechGeekPro, Aug 26, 2004
  4. Hi Jay! Thanks so much also what does clean install mean and I no longer have
    the ME disc lost it in a fire will this be a major problem? thanks donna

    =?Utf-8?B?b25seWFodW1hbg==?=, Aug 27, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?b25seWFodW1hbg==?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Aug 27, 2004 "onlyahuman" blathered:

    > Hi Jay! Thanks so much also what does clean install mean and I no longer
    > have the ME disc lost it in a fire will this be a major problem? thanks
    > donna

    Troll.

    --
    TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
    MCNGP.com - "We're here to help!"

    TechGeekPro, Aug 27, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?b25seWFodW1hbg==?=

    Jay Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?b25seWFodW1hbg==?=" <>
    wrote in news::

    > what does clean install mean and I no
    > longer have the ME disc

    clean install means wipe the hard drive clean then install a fresh copy of
    the new os. without the old os (ME) to do that you either need to buy the
    full version or only do an upgrade.

    This question should be asked in a news group that has to deal with windows
    xp as this on is ment for discussions dealing with certifications, that is
    why it is named microsoft.public.certification.

    Jay

    Jay, Aug 28, 2004