    virus infection and I was wondering whether ME has an event viewer which
    might log when and where the system was changed.

    Ta muchly
    Bob C, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Bob C

    ronald Guest

    "Bob C" <> wrote in message
    news:422c4e78$0$557$...
    > A colleague is bringing over a Windows ME machine which has a

    newly-acquired
    > virus infection and I was wondering whether ME has an event viewer which
    > might log when and where the system was changed.
    >
    > Ta muchly

    the best fix for a Win ME box is to format the drive and load Win98se...

    WinMe is crapolla and will bite the nips off a hog.

    ron
    ronald, Mar 7, 2005

  3. Bob C

    Bob C Guest

    >> A colleague is bringing over a Windows ME machine which has a
    > newly-acquired
    >> virus infection and I was wondering whether ME has an event viewer which
    >> might log when and where the system was changed.
    >>
    >> Ta muchly

    > the best fix for a Win ME box is to format the drive and load Win98se...
    > WinMe is crapolla and will bite the nips off a hog.

    Thank you. I'm not disputing the popularity or stability of ME, rather the
    existence of an event viewer.
    Bob C, Mar 7, 2005
  4. Bob C

    elaich Guest

    "Bob C" <> wrote in

    > A colleague is bringing over a Windows ME machine which has a
    > newly-acquired virus infection and I was wondering whether ME has an
    > event viewer which might log when and where the system was changed.
    >
    > Ta muchly

    It has Dr. Watson like every other DOS/Win9x system.

    You might also check event/error logs but usually those have to be enabled
    first. Most of them are off by default.

    Best thing is not to worry about when/where, just get rid of the infection.
    A Hijack This! log posted in the appropriate place will get you started.
    elaich, Mar 7, 2005