    current copy, will he lose any other data on the drive? I know software
    will need to be reinstalled, but he is concerned about personal files.

    Thanks in advance.

    JC, Nov 15, 2003

  2. JC

    Jerry G. Guest

    He should be calling his provider to check that his modem is set-up for the
    proper protocol, and networking parameters, to start with.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "JC" <> wrote in message
    A friend of mine has an older Dell desktop running WinME and, ever since
    plugging in an old cable modem, has gotten the following error;

    "The support tuner has encountered a network error. Check state of network
    and try again."

    His system does not respond properly after that. I'm trying to help him but
    my Google search and Microsoft Knowledge Base searches have come up empty.
    Anyone out there with any insight or suggestions?

    Also, if he boots up to a boot disk and reinstalls Windows ME over his

    Jerry G., Nov 16, 2003