    Carol A Guest

    When I right click on an image to save it, it will only let me save it as a
    bitmap. Help?
    Carol A, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Carol A

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Carol A" wrote in message news:QLZCe.738$

    > When I right click on an image to save it, it will only let me save it
    > as a bitmap. Help?

    Browser?

    Version?

    Any error message(s)?

    Is the picture you're attempting to download / save a .BMP on the website,
    i.e. the source isn't a .JPG or .GIF?

    Does this happen with any site or just some?

    Example URLs?
    Dave Lear, Jul 19, 2005

  3. Carol A

    samuel Guest

    samuel, Jul 19, 2005
  4. Carol A

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 02:41:52 GMT, "Carol A" <> wrote:

    >When I right click on an image to save it, it will only let me save it as a
    >bitmap. Help?

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet
    Files", click the "Delete Files" button, check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK".
    After it finishes, click the "Settings" button and lower the amount of disk space to use to 20
    Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will increase your hard drive space by how much was in that
    folder. I've seen it well over a gig. Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files. Clear it
    weekly, or sooner, especially if IE starts acting funny. You can automate the process by
    clicking the "Advanced" tab, scroll down to "Security", and check the box, "Empty Temporary
    Internet Files folder when browser is closed", click "Apply", "OK", Shutdown IE, and restart it.

    For web images:
    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263070

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

    Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save Image with Correct Extension
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=250747

    Q&A: Browser Problems.
    http://www.pcbuyersguide.com/solutions/help/browserproblems.htm

    Another reported cause was some cookies that a pop-up saved.
    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet
    Files", click the "Delete Cookies" button, "OK"

    You can also try Ad-Aware or Spybot S&D to remove them.

    Ad-Aware by Lavasoft
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spybot - Search & Destroy by Patrick Kolla
    http://security.kolla.de/
    Unk, Jul 19, 2005
  5. Carol A

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Carol A, <>, whose name means "heavily tattooed;
    lesbian; does really bizarre vaginal tricks with a chilled lettuce", sent
    forth:

    > When I right click on an image to save it, it will only let me save it
    > as a bitmap.

    It made you sneaky.
    pcbutts1, Jul 19, 2005
  6. Carol A

    Carol A Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > Carol A, <>, whose name means "heavily tattooed;
    > lesbian; does really bizarre vaginal tricks with a chilled lettuce", sent
    > forth:

    Uh-huh. Hope you had fun being an expert fisherman to the tune of that
    imagery. <rolls eyes>
    Carol A, Jul 19, 2005
  7. Carol A

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Carol A, <>, whose name means "giddy toll-hole; enjoys
    performing fellatio in moving vehicles; was possibly once a man", evacuated:

    > Uh-huh.

    Wide open.

    > Hope you had fun being an expert fisherman to the tune of that.

    It's fun to hunt cats.
    pcbutts1, Jul 19, 2005