    to get Defrag to work?

    Regards

    Paul
    Paul Dignon, Oct 9, 2003

  2. On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 10:27:12 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by Paul Dignon in message

    > Everytime I try to Defrag it sends me to ScanDisk telling me that there
    > may be something wrong with my hard drive. Is there something I need to
    > isolate to get Defrag to work?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Paul

    What happens when you run scandisk? Any error messages, etc.?

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2203
    The Old Sourdough, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Paul Dignon

    Paul Dignon Guest

    No! Scandisk never finds anything.

    Paul Dignon, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Paul Dignon

    Harrison Guest

    Try running defrag in safe mode.

    Harrison, Oct 9, 2003
  5. On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:09:39 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled

    > No! Scandisk never finds anything.

    As Harrison says, try it in Safe Mode. Also, have you run a surface scan
    (thorough mode)?

    snip

    The Old Sourdough, Oct 9, 2003
  6. Paul Dignon

    °Mike° Guest

    You may need to run scandisk with a full surface scan - there may
    be defects on the drive.

    On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:45:12 +0930, in
    <bm3cfn$1gk$>
    Paul Dignon scrawled: