  1. JAQK

    JAQK Guest

    Anyone know how to run this software once downloaded ?

    JAQK, Nov 14, 2005

  2. From: "JAQK" <>

    | Anyone know how to run this software once downloaded ?

    Since this tool is an anti virus/anti malware utility, you question would be bet posed in
    anti virus News Groups
    such as...

    microsoft.public.security.virus
    alt.comp.virus
    alt.comp.anti-virus...

    The utility is...
    %windir%\system32\MRT.exe

    Command line switches...

    /? or /HELP = displays the command line switches
    /Q = quiet
    /N = detect only
    /F = force extended scan
    /F:Y = force extended scan and automatically clean infected files

    The following is the resultant log file...

    %windir%\Debug\mrt.log

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    David H. Lipman, Nov 14, 2005

  3. Hi,

    run mrt.exe on your computer and it will run. It will also automatically run
    ever time it is updated (e.g. once a month)...

    For more information...

    The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific,
    prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Server
    2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=890830

    I hope this helps

    --
    Mike
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

    Miha Pihler [MVP], Nov 14, 2005
  4. "JAQK" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know how to run this software once downloaded ?

    Fat fingers prevented it from being downloaded on a particular server.. not
    that I'm against it, per se, just that I already have a more versatile
    solution.

    Like the "other" MS scanning tools, it ran directly and held everything up,
    until I was able to click an OK button on an unattended server in a Dark
    computer room...

    It works, it's free, beware ye all that ye download :eek:)

    --

    Hairy One Kenobi

    in the first place. So there!

    Hairy One Kenobi, Nov 14, 2005