    Windows Mail News cannot mail this message without a compatible
    mailer". I'm using Windows Mail to access my Gmail acct via POP3. Does
    anyone know whats causing this to happen? TIA

    Fu Schnickens, Jun 24, 2007

  2. Fu Schnickens

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:05:21 -0000, Fu Schnickens wrote:

    >I've started using Windows Mail since I can also use it for

    That's the Vista one?

    >newsgroups. I can send and receive mail fine and can access newsgroups
    >fine. But when I try and forward something from a newsgroup to my or
    >someone elses email address I get the following error message."You
    >don't have a Simple MAPI compatible mailer installed. Microsoft
    >Windows Mail News cannot mail this message without a compatible
    >mailer". I'm using Windows Mail to access my Gmail acct via POP3. Does
    >anyone know whats causing this to happen? TIA

    Lot's of someone's.

    Try www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 19,600 for Simple MAPI compatible mailer
    installed. (0.09 seconds)

    http://groups.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of 590 for Simple MAPI compatible mailer
    installed

    looking for microsoft.public.windows.vista.* finds
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33656486&expand=1
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
    ------->microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

    Me

    why?, Jun 24, 2007

  3. Fu Schnickens

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Fu Schnickens" <> wrote in message
    > I've started using Windows Mail since I can also use it for
    > newsgroups. I can send and receive mail fine and can access newsgroups
    > fine. But when I try and forward something from a newsgroup to my or
    > someone elses email address I get the following error message."You
    > don't have a Simple MAPI compatible mailer installed. Microsoft
    > Windows Mail News cannot mail this message without a compatible
    > mailer". I'm using Windows Mail to access my Gmail acct via POP3. Does
    > anyone know whats causing this to happen? TIA

    You should post to Microsoft.Public.Windows.Vista.Mail. Someone there should
    be able to help you.

    Mr. Arnold, Jun 24, 2007