Windows Logon Automatically, then Luck... how do that?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Tark Siala, Apr 15, 2006.

  1. Tark Siala

    Tark Siala Guest

    hi
    i want do this step by step:
    1 - turn my PC on.
    2 - Windows Logon Automatically (insert user name and password alone).
    3 - Run Some Application (lie from sratup).
    4 - Luck PC Automatically.

    how i can do that?

    --
    Best Regards

    Tark M. Siala
    Development Manager
    INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER CENTER (ICC.Networking)
    Tripoli - Libya
    Mobile: +218-91-3125900
    E-Mail:
    Messenger:
    Web Page: http://www.icc-libya.com
    Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/tarksiala
    ======================================

    Tark Siala, Apr 15, 2006

  2. Tark Siala

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Control Panel|Users and Passwords, then uncheck the box for "Users must
    enter a user name and password to use this computer"

    Place the shortcut to the desired app. in one of these two locations.

    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    --

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Dave Patrick, Apr 15, 2006

  3. Tark Siala

    Tark Siala Guest

    hi
    its good, but is it working on the network and login to Domain?
    and how i can luck pc?

    Tark Siala, Apr 15, 2006
  4. Tark Siala

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Use the reghack in this article.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q234562/

    Better yet;

    Dave Patrick, Apr 15, 2006
  5. Tark Siala

    Tark Siala Guest

    hi
    its good
    but i like run application from startup not from Service.
    and still searching for Luck PC Automatically after Logon.
    maybe need script or something like that.

    Tark Siala, Apr 16, 2006
  6. Tark Siala wrote:
    > hi
    > its good
    > but i like run application from startup not from Service.
    > and still searching for Luck PC Automatically after Logon.
    > maybe need script or something like that.

    Any application that is placed in the startup folder is started at logon,
    you can also use the Task Scheduler to run applications at startup or logon.
    As for Luck PC, I assume you are referring to locking the desktop? Enable
    the screen saver to be password protected, which locks the desktop.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

    Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP], Apr 16, 2006
  7. Tark Siala

    Tark Siala Guest

    hi
    i enable Screen Saver With Password, but as you know i must wait 1 minute
    before my screen saver is running.

    Tark Siala, Apr 16, 2006
  8. Tark Siala

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Put this line in the shortcut's 'Target'
    %systemroot%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

    Dave Patrick, Apr 16, 2006
  9. Tark Siala

    Tark Siala Guest

    hi
    in the end i make this:
    1 - install Power Tweak for WindowsXP.
    2 - use Auto Logon and insert Username and Password.
    3 - take shortcut for my application in startup folder.
    4 - take shortcut for lock Workstation (thanks for Dave Patrick) in startup
    folder.

    its ok now.

    Tark Siala, Apr 18, 2006
  10. Tark Siala