    receive e-mail or get to the internet, Windows loader keeps giving me a 1324
    error saying illegal character in :my pictures. It will not let me load any
    software, I have reinstalled xp, but can not get rid of this thing. Help!!
    Betoy, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Betoy

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Betoy" <> wrote in
    news:TJUyc.7939$:

    > I can receive news on the dell connection that I have, but I can not
    > send or receive e-mail or get to the internet, Windows loader keeps
    > giving me a 1324 error saying illegal character in :my pictures. It
    > will not let me load any software, I have reinstalled xp, but can not
    > get rid of this thing. Help!!

    I am not saying to mess around with the registry. But it's *clue* as to
    what may be happening. Somehow, whatever you're trying to do or have done
    has invalid characters.

    Also, there are various articles out there on your friend Google
    discussing the 1324 error with possible fixes.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292582

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jun 13, 2004

  3. Betoy

    °Mike° Guest

    OFF2000: Windows Installer Error 1324 When You Run Setup
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=237915

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 09:01:39 GMT, in
    <TJUyc.7939$>
    Betoy scrawled: