Windows live parental web filter

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thingy, Sep 26, 2009.

  1. thingy

    thingy Guest

    I set this up to block unsavory stuff from my kids on the vista
    desktop machine...I also set it up for me such that I have to manually
    sign before I can web browse....

    On the laptop, it seems to auto-sign me in, I dont want that, I want a
    manual sign in, dammed if I can find out how, to stop this behaviour,
    so how?

    Stange that installing the same software on the same OS can result in
    such differing behaviour...

    anyway the reason why,

    I later I installed Guitar rig on the laptop and had issues so re-
    installed on the desktop, I notice something is trying to get out on
    the desktop to http but it isnt telling me what, just wants me to sign
    in, so i decline....does this about 5 times and gives up....it has to
    be guitar rig...so I'd like to block this on the laptop as well....not
    so much guitar rig, but this means (I assume) any spyware is also not
    getting anywhere until Ive signed in....also is there a log somewhere
    I can read so I can see whats trying to get out?

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Sep 26, 2009

  2. thingy

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-09-26, thingy <> wrote:
    > I set this up to block unsavory stuff from my kids on the vista
    > desktop machine...I also set it up for me such that I have to manually
    > sign before I can web browse....
    >
    > On the laptop, it seems to auto-sign me in, I dont want that, I want a
    > manual sign in, dammed if I can find out how, to stop this behaviour,
    > so how?
    >
    > Stange that installing the same software on the same OS can result in
    > such differing behaviour...
    >
    > anyway the reason why,
    >
    > I later I installed Guitar rig on the laptop and had issues so re-
    > installed on the desktop, I notice something is trying to get out on
    > the desktop to http but it isnt telling me what, just wants me to sign
    > in, so i decline....does this about 5 times and gives up....it has to
    > be guitar rig...so I'd like to block this on the laptop as well....not
    > so much guitar rig, but this means (I assume) any spyware is also not
    > getting anywhere until Ive signed in....also is there a log somewhere
    > I can read so I can see whats trying to get out?

    Hang on Thing. Vista will die within 30 days. Go 7 of 9.
    Gordon, Sep 26, 2009