    I shall probably be able to adjust and live with it, but it is a major
    pain, I think.

    Tony. . .
    Tony, May 14, 2011

  2. You can get recent versions of Windows Live Messenger (8.5 & 2009)
    installed on x64 XP.

    See http://pyro.eu.org/how-to/windows-live-messenger-2009-msi/.

    Also
    http://www.techspot.com/blog/129/how-to-run-windows-live-messenger-on-windows-xp-x64/
    and
    http://www.istartedsomething.com/20080221/windows-live-messenger-mislead-users-64-bit-support/.

    Dominic Payer, May 14, 2011

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Greate!

    Much pleased about that.

    As I said in my opening msg. - I might be rusty.

    Tony. . .
    Tony, May 14, 2011
  4. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On May 14, 6:58 pm, Tony <> wrote:
    > Greate!
    >
    > Much pleased about that.
    >
    > As I said in my opening msg. - I might be rusty.
    >
    > Tony. . .

    Thanks again, Dominic. I've had a quick look at the end of those links
    - decent stuff. Just what I was thinking.
    But things start coming back - I had all of that installed here when
    the 'public' went RC. So disabling it by way of the installer seems
    more and more like a political principle?

    Got stuck at one of those links. Will try again later:

    Tony. . .
    Tony, May 14, 2011