Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bucky Breeder, Sep 28, 2010.

  1. Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar

    1) Almost all mail has "Unknown sender" bar, including
    mail retreived from Hotmail.

    2) The "Delete and block" and/or "Allow sender" buttons
    are non-responsive. The bar itself is non-responsive.

    3) There is no menu selection in the effected eMails
    to add to either the "Safe senders" or the "Blocked
    senders" lists...

    4) Using the WML main interface menu bar to highlight the
    effected eMails and add to the lists, it does not resolve
    the "Unknown sender" bar issue with future eMails...

    5) Numerous internet articles/pages/posts prove
    replication of this error on WinXP, Vistard, and
    Win7... both 32-bit and 64-bit configurations.

    6) It's likely pursuant to a particular Windows Update;
    however, WHEREAS those Borg-tards at Mt. Redmond are
    habitually reticent to admit error - muchless address it -
    we may be in for a wild ride before it gets repaired...

    7) This is a widely reported issue for about 2 months now
    [according to teh Google searches] with no resolution
    in articles, blogs, or Microsoft forums and/or KB articles.

    8) Searches on Microsoft assets result in WLM deflecting
    the issue to Hotmail; and Hotmail deflecting the issue to WLM.

    9) Please cross-post this with any independant observations
    to as many groups and forums as possible, and perhaps the
    Psychic Division at the M$ Cathedral will get the message
    via the chatter-box-matrix - or NSA will record an upward
    trend in keywords reflective to the issues and forward a
    courtesy copy to their Microsoft liasons - or they might
    get it bounced back via SETI - who knows how the millstones
    of the Gods grind these days???

    Hey, Bill Gates, get your head out of Africa's arse and
    take care of *your* people first. What's your fascination
    with AIDS anyway when 'Windows' is all ate-up with dumbass
    bugs? You cannot kill all the world's mosquitoes; but you
    might fix Windows before you try to "fix" the world! <WORD>

    HTH & TIA

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.
    Bucky Breeder, Sep 28, 2010

  2. Bucky Breeder

    thanatoid Guest

    Bucky Breeder
    <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote
    in news:Xns9E01970C52B60BuckyGram@216.151.153.163:

    > Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar

    <snip>

    Anyone using MS web mail services (or ANY MS "software" except a
    very heavily-tweaked OS, FTM) deserves what they get.

    Also, mosquitoes can not spread AIDS.

    The CIA were well aware of the large populations of mosquitoes
    invading even some of the nicest and richest neighborhoods in
    the USofA at certain times of year when they worked on this -
    possibly their most successful - project.

    --
    "Anytime I hear the word "culture", I reach for my iPad."
    - 21st Century Humanoid
    thanatoid, Sep 28, 2010

  3. thanatoid <> via

    > Also, mosquitoes can not spread AIDS.
    >
    > The CIA were well aware of the large populations of mosquitoes
    > invading even some of the nicest and richest neighborhoods in
    > the USofA at certain times of year when they worked on this -
    > possibly their most successful - project.

    So, you're admitting that you got stung
    by the dumbass-mosquito-carriers,
    but you didn't catch the AIDS from them?

    I'd have see the proof... post a link...

    Thanks for your cooperation.

    HTH.

    ( Here's a downloadable .GIF you can keep all the time
    to make sure you're not totally ghaa-hay :

    http://coedmagazine.com/2010/09/27/katy-perrys-snl-elmo-boob-bounce-gif/

    HTH. )

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
    was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

    http://www.boingboing.net/Smoky_The_Nanobot.jpg

    Bucky Breeder, Sep 29, 2010
  4. Valorie *~~ <>
    via news:-privat.org:

    > From: "Bucky Breeder"
    > via news:Xns9E01970C52B60BuckyGram@216.151.153.163
    > Subject: Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar
    > Date: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:51 PM
    >

    >> Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar......

    > Brevity snipped.
    >
    > Get rid of WLM and install WM on your PC. :)

    I can use the ThunderTard and/or The Bat... etc.,
    however, the point is that Windows should fix
    itself -- then possibly go save the world or
    hunt some penguins.

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Sep 29, 2010
  5. Bucky Breeder

    wrote in news:Xns9E02516DBD486BuckyGram@216.151.153.168:

    > thanatoid <> via
    >>
    >> Also, mosquitoes can not spread AIDS.
    >>
    >> The CIA were well aware of the large populations of
    >> mosquitoes invading even some of the nicest and richest
    >> neighborhoods in the USofA at certain times of year when
    >> they worked on this - possibly their most successful -
    >> project.

    > So, you're admitting that you got stung
    > by the dumbass-mosquito-carriers,
    > but you didn't catch the AIDS from them?
    >
    > I'd have see the proof... post a link...
    >
    > Thanks for your cooperation.

    No link, but once it is no longer swimming in human blood, the
    AIDS virus lives for SUCH a short time, that for a mosquito (or
    even a dog who is allowed to walk around the backyard biting
    everyone on the leg, one after another) to spread the virus is
    impossible.

    This is also why, in spite of the preaching of the members of
    the "let's keep everyone really scared, asexual (or at least
    condom-wrapped *all over*), AND shopping the Home Shopping
    Network" gang, it is almost impossible to get AIDS except via
    anal sex or needles. Even if ONE of the two people involved in
    vaginal sex has AIDS, it is ///extremely/// unlikely for the
    other person to get it unless BOTH have bleeding sores (AIDS-or-
    not-AIDS-related) which come in contact.

    Now, EVERYONE:

    I have been through DOZENS of arguments about this, so PLEASE do
    not start another one. I do not CARE what doctors and public
    puppets who HAVE to toe the official li(n)e say, you can NOT get
    AIDS except by butt-fucking and needle sharing (or similar
    activities involving direct blood-blood contact).

    Feel free to disagree, just LEAVE me ALONE! I do not shoot up,
    let alone in company, and the likelihood of me fucking ANYTHING
    in ANY hole in the foreseeable future is VERY slim, so let me
    just "stew in my ignorance".

    OK? Fair enough?

    Happy home shopping.

    thanatoid, Sep 30, 2010
  6. thanatoid <> via

    > Bucky Breeder
    > <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    > wrote in news:Xns9E02516DBD486BuckyGram@216.151.153.168:
    >
    >> thanatoid <> via
    >>>
    >>> Also, mosquitoes can not spread AIDS.
    >>>
    >>> The CIA were well aware of the large populations of
    >>> mosquitoes invading even some of the nicest and richest
    >>> neighborhoods in the USofA at certain times of year when
    >>> they worked on this - possibly their most successful -
    >>> project.

    >> you got stung but you didn't catch the AIDS from them?
    >>
    >> I'd have see the proof... post a link...
    >>
    >> Thanks for your cooperation.

    > No link, but once /SNIP/

    Close enuf. Just FYI, you can also
    catch AIDS from homosexuals working
    in food-service industries because
    they spit in everything specifically
    to propogate the illness. See, they
    go through this whole rationalization
    process whereby they blame "God" (who
    most of them claim to not even believe
    in) for giving it to them and "think"
    a cure won't be found until more folks
    have it... They're all wonked in the
    head - that's why they are commonly
    called "Nancy" and "Friends of Dorothy".

    So, please, don't go to/by/in public places
    where there are teh ghaa-hays... because
    if one with AIDS farts, and you accidentally
    walk into the cloud of molecules, you're
    very likely to come down with the incurable,
    permanantly terminal AIDS condition...

    PS : One of the /first/ symptoms of having
    it is that you start going through all these
    rationalizations on how *you* don't have it -
    and then maybe 3-5 years later you start
    farting at parties and spitting in other
    peoples' foods at the McDonalds...

    You want proof? Google has it! Google
    knows the interwebs and the interwebs
    knows the world.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    AIDS symptom #6 : thinking the CIA investigates mosquitos.

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.
    Bucky Breeder, Sep 30, 2010
  7. Bucky Breeder wrote:
    > thanatoid <> via
    >
    >> Bucky Breeder
    >> <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    >> wrote in news:Xns9E02516DBD486BuckyGram@216.151.153.168:
    >>
    >>> thanatoid <> via

    >>> you got stung but you didn't catch the AIDS from them?
    >>>
    >>> I'd have see the proof... post a link...
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your cooperation.

    >> No link, but once /SNIP/

    > Close enuf. Just FYI, you can also
    > catch AIDS from homosexuals working
    > in food-service industries because
    > they spit in everything specifically
    > to propogate the illness.

    Thanks for spreading hate you less-than-lucid **** fungus.

    Now go stand in front of a train :)

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 30, 2010
  8. Bucky Breeder

    in news:Xns9E03569C84B9EBuckyGram@216.151.153.164:

    > thanatoid <> via

    <snip>

    >> No link, but once /SNIP/

    > Close enuf. Just FYI, you can also
    > catch AIDS from homosexuals working
    > in food-service industries because
    > they spit in everything specifically
    > to propogate the illness.

    propagate

    Of course you can NOT, and of course they do NOT, but it's
    pretty funny anyway - as always :)

    <snip>

    > You want proof? Google has it! Google
    > knows the interwebs and the interwebs
    > knows the world.

    Google is Known Enemy #1.

    thanatoid, Sep 30, 2010
  9. thanatoid <> via

    > Bucky Breeder
    > <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote
    > in news:Xns9E03569C84B9EBuckyGram@216.151.153.164:
    >
    >> thanatoid <> via

    > <snip>
    >
    >>> No link, but once /SNIP/

    >> Close enuf. Just FYI, you can also
    >> catch AIDS from homosexuals working
    >> in food-service industries because
    >> they spit in everything specifically
    >> to propogate the illness.

    > propagate
    >
    > Of course you can NOT, and of course they do NOT, but it's
    > pretty funny anyway - as always :)
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> You want proof? Google has it! Google
    >> knows the interwebs and the interwebs
    >> knows the world.

    > Google is Known Enemy #1.

    The Google is what keeps the information in formation...

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    AIDS symptom #6 : thinking the CIA investigates mosquitos.

    AIDS symptom #7 : spelling "propogate" with an "a" or "propagate"

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.
    Bucky Breeder, Sep 30, 2010
  10. Bucky Breeder

    thanatoid Guest

    Bucky Breeder
    <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    wrote in news:Xns9E03697206747BuckyGram@207.246.207.164:

    <snip>

    > The Google is what keeps the information in formation...
    >
    > HTH.

    Not really, totally eliminating G. from this reality /would/
    help, but at least you made me laugh. As you often do. Thanks.

    thanatoid, Oct 1, 2010
  11. Bucky Breeder

    NormanM Guest

    On 28 Sep 2010 19:51:00 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:

    > Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar
    >

    > 1) Almost all mail has "Unknown sender" bar, including
    > mail retreived from Hotmail.

    Very little of my email has this "Unknown sender" bar; and I can clear it in
    most cases. Only time I can't seems to be on the Hotmail accounts, where the
    sender's service does not have an SPF record.

    Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3502.0922).

    Supposedly has some problems with quoting for replies in newsgroups; but I
    don't use WLM in NNTP service.

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come
    NormanM, Oct 1, 2010
  12. thanatoid <> via

    > Bucky Breeder
    > <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    > wrote in news:Xns9E03697206747BuckyGram@207.246.207.164:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> The Google is what keeps the information in formation...
    >>
    >> HTH.

    > Not really, totally eliminating G. from this reality /would/
    > help, but at least you made me laugh. As you often do. Thanks.

    That was a bonus feature... but YW.

    The issue, or topic being :

[...]

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and I
    want to be the next Elmo t-shirt!

    http://coedmagazine.com/2010/09/27/katy-perrys-snl-elmo-boob-bounce-gif/

    (Except, she'd have to be explaining all that "motorboat" noise...)

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.
    Bucky Breeder, Oct 2, 2010
  13. NormanM <> via

    > On 28 Sep 2010 19:51:00 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >
    >> Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar
    >>

    >> 1) Almost all mail has "Unknown sender" bar, including
    >> mail retreived from Hotmail.

    > Very little of my email has this "Unknown sender" bar; and I can clear
    > it in most cases. Only time I can't seems to be on the Hotmail accounts,
    > where the sender's service does not have an SPF record.
    >
    > Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3502.0922).
    >
    > Supposedly has some problems with quoting for replies in newsgroups; but
    > I don't use WLM in NNTP service.

    Seems it's concomitant with a Windows Update
    series; however, while it could be coincidence,
    its recency is undeniable.

    Essential to my noting the issue is its recency
    in occurance... Naturally, almost immediately
    there were numerous posts to various and sundry
    forums reflected in Google searches... and still
    no resolution.

    When I click the Update button via the menu
    bar, I am whisked away to Microsoft Windows
    Update site, where I am duly informed that
    there are no updates available... Mine is :

    "Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8064.0206)"

    I'll try to smoke out a download and install
    the update the old fashioned way... by hand.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and I AM *so* glad that I am NOT
    Lady Gaga's brother... or I'd be "Bucky Gaga"... <shudders>!

    Lucky Elmo :

    http://coedmagazine.com/2010/09/27/katy-perrys-snl-elmo-boob-bounce-gif/

    Bucky Breeder, Oct 2, 2010
  14. Bucky Breeder

    thanatoid Guest

    Bucky Breeder
    <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    wrote in news:Xns9E0550AE2D8E9BuckyGram@207.246.207.167:

    <snip>

    > That was a bonus feature... but YW.
    >
    > The issue, or topic being :
    >
    > Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar

    <snip>

    OK, I didn't think you were serious... Well, I did, but I didn't
    want to get into it.

    This is the SHORT version:

    Anyone using Hotmail, Livemail, Deadmail, Unsafemail - whatever
    you want to call it - deserves what they get.

    This is the slightly LONGER version:

    /HoTMaiL/ (as spelled here) was started 15 or 16 years ago, by
    some guys who apparently thought that html-based webmail was a
    good idea.

    Within a few years (maybe even one year) Microsoft bought them
    out. Strangely enough they did NOT just kill the product, they
    "improved it". You can Google for "Hotmail security breach", and
    read some of the thousands of links that show up. And that's
    just the tip of the iceberg.

    As is their wont (cf. changing formats - while keeping the same
    extension - in MS Office etc.), Microsoft kept on "improving"
    their new product. (We REALLY need a new definition of the word
    "improvement" for those fuckers.)

    About 5 years ago they made Hotmail practically
    inaccessible/unusable except when using MSIE.
    Anyone with a clue does NOT use MSIE. I pride myself on not
    using ANY MS products except the OS, which I use because I
    learned it at work and it was just not worth changing. I did -
    prompted by my first virus since I started using the internet -
    try Linux, and you can refer to the "Longest Thread Ever" from
    early August for details.

    Anyway, anyone using Hotmail, Livemail, Deadmail, Unsafemail -
    whatever you want to call it - deserves what they get.

    While Google's original motto of "Do not be evil" has become a
    very unsettling Orwellian joke AT BEST, their gmail is a very
    simple - and vastly superior - alternative.

    For REAL e-mail, try one of the several (not many, but) SMTP/POP
    services available. They may cost ten bucks a year or something,
    but are more than worth it, for a myriad reasons.

    HTH.

    thanatoid, Oct 2, 2010
  15. Bucky Breeder

    G. Morgan Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote:

    >Anyway, anyone using Hotmail, Livemail, Deadmail, Unsafemail -
    >whatever you want to call it - deserves what they get.

    I have an @live.com address and am quite content with it. I use it to login to
    MSDN (Live ID), and for other non-personal mail.
    G. Morgan, Oct 2, 2010
  16. Bucky Breeder

    NormanM Guest

    On 02 Oct 2010 14:17:12 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:

    > NormanM <> via

    >> On 28 Sep 2010 19:51:00 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:

    >>> Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar
    >>>

    >>> 1) Almost all mail has "Unknown sender" bar, including
    >>> mail retreived from Hotmail.

    >> Very little of my email has this "Unknown sender" bar; and I can clear
    >> it in most cases. Only time I can't seems to be on the Hotmail accounts,
    >> where the sender's service does not have an SPF record.
    >>
    >> Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3502.0922).
    >>
    >> Supposedly has some problems with quoting for replies in newsgroups; but
    >> I don't use WLM in NNTP service.

    > Seems it's concomitant with a Windows Update
    > series; however, while it could be coincidence,
    > its recency is undeniable.

    Since I am not seeing the problem you are seeing, and I have the latest MS
    updates installed, I wonder if it is related to another problem: MS Internet
    Explorer 9 beta. I am not using the MSIE 9 beta, but am told that it has
    caused other problems with WLM in NNTP service.

    NormanM, Oct 2, 2010
  17. thanatoid <> via

    > Anyway, anyone using Hotmail, Livemail, Deadmail, Unsafemail -
    > whatever you want to call it - deserves what they get.

    Hotmail and Windows Live are suppostededed to be
    interconfigulated or configtatudable, or sumthin...

    One uses an @live.com address, or signs into a plethora
    of services using the one ID and PW. Or is that bevy?
    Perhaps it's gaggle... Quackmire? Dookiepot?

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Oct 3, 2010
  18. NormanM <> via

    > [and proceeded to snip whay too much to deal with...]
    >
    > Since I am not seeing the problem you are seeing

    Hmmm... viva la differance... here's what I'm seeing :

    http://coedmagazine.com/2010/09/27/katy-perrys-snl-elmo-boob-bounce-gif/

    All girls with big natural boobies should be required
    to post one of these animated GIFs for my convenience
    and enjoyment. Or girls on trampolines in wet t-shirts.

    <WOOT!>

    Bucky Breeder, Oct 3, 2010
  19. Bucky Breeder

    wrote in news:Xns9E064E1EC5766BuckyGram@216.151.153.139:

    > thanatoid <> via
    >>
    >> Anyway, anyone using Hotmail, Livemail, Deadmail,
    >> Unsafemail - whatever you want to call it - deserves what
    >> they get.

    > Hotmail and Windows Live are suppostededed to be
    > interconfigulated or configtatudable, or sumthin...
    >
    > One uses an @live.com address, or signs into a plethora
    > of services using the one ID and PW.

    <snip>

    Using ONE password, let alone one which is stored on the
    /repeatedly proven insecure/ servers of one of the more suspect
    companies in the world, is NOT a good idea.

    Get a free password manager or something like ShortKeys. There
    are dozens of options.

    NEVER use the Windows password storage file (I forget its
    extension) and do not use "services" which offer to store your
    password (or all of them) under the guise of making things
    "easier for you". It DOES make things easier, but not for you.

    thanatoid, Oct 3, 2010
  20. Bucky Breeder

    G. Morgan Guest

    Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote:

    >One uses an @live.com address, or signs into a plethora
    >of services using the one ID and PW. Or is that bevy?
    >Perhaps it's gaggle... Quackmire? Dookiepot?
    >
    >HTH.

    I didn't help. One is required to have a "Live ID" to access all of M$FT's pay
    services like MSDN.

    I use LastPass extension with FF. It generates secure passwords for you, and
    encrypts them before uploading them to thier server.

    The worst thing one can do is let FF's built-in p/w manager be turned on. 3
    clicks and you can see them all in plain text.
    G. Morgan, Oct 3, 2010