!Windows Live Mail replace Outlook Express on Windows XP and Windows Mail on Vista...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Max Burke, May 14, 2007.

  1. Max Burke

    Max Burke Guest

    FYI...

    Still looking to the truth of this 'story..'

    < quote >
    "As it rolled out its revamped Windows Live Hotmail Monday, Microsoft Corp.
    also promised it would deliver replacements for the Outlook Express and
    Windows Mail desktop clients along with new software to integrate Web mail
    with the corporate Outlook program.
    Windows Live Mail will replace Outlook Express on Windows XP and Windows
    Mail on Vista in "the coming weeks," said Microsoft. The program, which will
    handle POP, IMAP and Windows Live Hotmail accounts, was characterized as a
    faster, more robust version of Windows Live Mail desktop beta, which has
    been in testing for Windows XP. The beta will be retired.

    According to a Windows Live Mail blog, the new client will sport features
    from Outlook Express, Windows Mail and the Windows Live Mail desktop beta. A
    redesigned interface supports Vista's Aero look and feel -- the first
    Windows Live offering to do so -- and the program adds S/MIME and LDAP
    support. It will be advertisement-free.

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/131662-1/article.html

    < end quote >

    Found Images

    Max Burke, May 14, 2007

  2. Re: !Windows Live Mail replace Outlook Express on Windows XP andWindows Mail on Vista...

    On Mon, 14 May 2007 23:36:42 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

    > According to a Windows Live Mail blog, the new client will sport features
    > from Outlook Express, Windows Mail and the Windows Live Mail desktop beta.
    > A redesigned interface supports Vista's Aero look and feel -- the first
    > Windows Live offering to do so -- and the program adds S/MIME and LDAP
    > support. It will be advertisement-free.

    Isn't "Windows Mail" nothing more than Outlook Express tarted up to go
    with M$ Windows Vi$ta?

    And isn't Window$ Live Mail nothing more than another shameless attempt to
    counter Google Mail?

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    bath and a short dress to get into."

    Jonathan Walker, May 14, 2007

  3. Max Burke

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Jonathan Walker" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 May 2007 23:36:42 +1200, Max Burke wrote:
    >
    >> According to a Windows Live Mail blog, the new client will sport features
    >> from Outlook Express, Windows Mail and the Windows Live Mail desktop
    >> beta.
    >> A redesigned interface supports Vista's Aero look and feel -- the first
    >> Windows Live offering to do so -- and the program adds S/MIME and LDAP
    >> support. It will be advertisement-free.

    > Isn't "Windows Mail" nothing more than Outlook Express tarted up to go
    > with M$ Windows Vi$ta?
    >
    > And isn't Window$ Live Mail nothing more than another shameless attempt to
    > counter Google Mail?
    >

    > --
    > Jonathan Walker

    Hardly.
    For some people Live Mail doesn't offer the features of OE.
    I was offered to try Live Mail and 2 other programs months back. Thankfully
    I never got round to installing Live Mail, then I spotted a posting from the
    guy that offered it saying he had removed from his PC LOL. Some of it is
    good, test versions have been round for over a year going back to Feb 2006.
    The bugs in each version made for good reading - quite different from the
    final version of course.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 14, 2007
  4. Max Burke

    Geopelia Guest

    > "Jonathan Walker" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 14 May 2007 23:36:42 +1200, Max Burke wrote:
    >>
    >>> According to a Windows Live Mail blog, the new client will sport
    >>> features
    >>> from Outlook Express, Windows Mail and the Windows Live Mail desktop
    >>> beta.
    >>> A redesigned interface supports Vista's Aero look and feel -- the first
    >>> Windows Live offering to do so -- and the program adds S/MIME and LDAP
    >>> support. It will be advertisement-free.

    >> Isn't "Windows Mail" nothing more than Outlook Express tarted up to go
    >> with M$ Windows Vi$ta?
    >>
    >> And isn't Window$ Live Mail nothing more than another shameless attempt
    >> counter Google Mail?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Jonathan Walker

    > Hardly.
    > For some people Live Mail doesn't offer the features of OE.
    > I was offered to try Live Mail and 2 other programs months back.
    > Thankfully I never got round to installing Live Mail, then I spotted a
    > posting from the guy that offered it saying he had removed from his PC
    > LOL. Some of it is good, test versions have been round for over a year
    > going back to Feb 2006. The bugs in each version made for good reading -
    > quite different from the final version of course.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Will the newsgroups still work on Live Mail please?

    Geopelia.
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    Geopelia, May 14, 2007
  5. In article <f2apfq$g2m$>, "Geopelia" <> wrote:

    >Will the newsgroups still work on Live Mail please?

    Seriously ... get a news reader. So much better ... you will never go back
    :)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 15, 2007
  6. Max Burke

    ttb Guest

    Geopelia wrote:

    > Will the newsgroups still work on Live Mail please?
    >
    > Geopelia.

    Even if it doesn't, there are other newsreaders out there, mozilla
    thunderbird for one.

    --
    Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes
    turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return.

    ttb, May 15, 2007
  7. Max Burke

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jonathan Walker" <> wrote in message

    >>> Isn't "Windows Mail" nothing more than Outlook Express tarted up to go
    >>> with M$ Windows Vi$ta?
    >>>
    >>> And isn't Window$ Live Mail nothing more than another shameless attempt
    >>> counter Google Mail?
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Jonathan Walker

    >> Hardly.
    >> For some people Live Mail doesn't offer the features of OE.
    >> I was offered to try Live Mail and 2 other programs months back.
    >> Thankfully I never got round to installing Live Mail, then I spotted a
    >> posting from the guy that offered it saying he had removed from his PC
    >> LOL. Some of it is good, test versions have been round for over a year
    >> going back to Feb 2006. The bugs in each version made for good reading -
    >> quite different from the final version of course.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    > Will the newsgroups still work on Live Mail please?
    >
    > Geopelia.

    Text newsgroups will work fine.
    The many round the world who take part in Stationery newsgroups with
    scripts, extensive graphics with sounds will be stuffed. A feature which
    Microsoft is now turning it's back on.

    Live Mail does have good features in the final version and is about as
    secure as possible.

    It runs straight off the desktop along with another program called Live
    Search.

    There's also Windows Live - Windows Live Messenger - Windows Live Alerts -
    Windows Live OneCare - Windows Live Gallery - Microsoft Office Live.
    Plus a 1 or 2 more.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 15, 2007
  8. Max Burke

    Geopelia Guest

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >> Will the newsgroups still work on Live Mail please?
    >>
    >> Geopelia.

    > Text newsgroups will work fine.
    > The many round the world who take part in Stationery newsgroups with
    > scripts, extensive graphics with sounds will be stuffed. A feature which
    > Microsoft is now turning it's back on.
    >
    > Live Mail does have good features in the final version and is about as
    > secure as possible.
    >
    > It runs straight off the desktop along with another program called Live
    > Search.
    >
    > There's also Windows Live - Windows Live Messenger - Windows Live Alerts -
    > Windows Live OneCare - Windows Live Gallery - Microsoft Office Live.
    > Plus a 1 or 2 more.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Sounds great, but will it all work on XP and dialup?

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, May 16, 2007
  9. Max Burke

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> Will the newsgroups still work on Live Mail please?
    >>>
    >>> Geopelia.

    >> Text newsgroups will work fine.
    >> The many round the world who take part in Stationery newsgroups with
    >> scripts, extensive graphics with sounds will be stuffed. A feature which
    >> Microsoft is now turning it's back on.
    >>
    >> Live Mail does have good features in the final version and is about as
    >> secure as possible.
    >>
    >> It runs straight off the desktop along with another program called Live
    >> Search.
    >>
    >> There's also Windows Live - Windows Live Messenger - Windows Live
    >> Alerts - Windows Live OneCare - Windows Live Gallery - Microsoft Office
    >> Live.
    >> Plus a 1 or 2 more.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    > Sounds great, but will it all work on XP and dialup?
    >
    > Geopelia

    People have Beta testing them on XP as well as on pre release versions of
    Vista.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 18, 2007