Windows Live Mail problem

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by *BUSY*, Oct 28, 2009.

  1. *BUSY*

    *BUSY* Guest

    OS: Windows 7RC 64bit build 7100

    WLM Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726)

    WLM is the only WL program installed from the WL suite.

    Problem: WLM opens and cannot be moved/used for a period of about 40 seconds
    ("busy" rotating arrow). Then a box opens that states: "Contacts failed to
    load. WLM is incorrectly configured. Please reinstall." Another box that
    opened states: "Sorry, something unexpected happened and WLM must close.
    Your most recent changes may not be saved."

    I have no contacts as of yet.

    I have tried renaming the WLM contacts folder based on information gathered
    from the internet and it works one time to open WLM but after closing WLM or
    rebooting the same problem persists until I rename the new contacts folder.

    I have twice used the repair option using the WLM uninstaller and
    reinstalled it once . Each time WLM will work once then revert back to the
    problem in question.

    I want to save my e-mails. I delete them from the server once downloaded. I
    think I am going to have to delete everthing the uninstaller leaves behind
    including registry entries, temp files etc..., reboot and reinstall. System
    restore is not an option for me. Windows 7 is useless to me without a
    working, reliable e-mail client.

    __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4541 (20091025) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    *BUSY*, Oct 28, 2009

  2. *BUSY*

    Kue2 Guest

    Again cannot reproduce.
    Using the WIN 7 PRO RTM. & WLM Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726).

    Kue2, Oct 28, 2009

  3. *BUSY*

    skinnymouse

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Have you tried replacing the Contacts Store?

    > Follow this procedure to replace your Contacts Store for WLMail (and WLMessenger):
    >
    > 1. Close WLMail, WLMessenger, and other Windows Live applications.
    >
    > 2. Rename the 'Windows Live Contacts' folder* (by adding "(old)" to it) in the following location:
    >
    > Vista & 7:
    > C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    >
    > XP:
    > C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    >
    > The Contacts Stores will be replaced when you next restart WLMail, and your Windows Live Contacts will be downloaded and synchronised when you sign into Windows Live with your Windows Live ID.
    >
    > If you are using the Default (non-live) Contacts Store, you will need to re-import your contacts.
    THIS WORKED FOR ME PERFECTLY!

    skinnymouse, Jan 3, 2010