    3.8ghz system
    I am posting this message from my Laptop not my desktop.
    TIA
    bardeban, Apr 26, 2010

  2. bardeban

    bardeban Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:...
    > On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:40:40 -0400, "bardeban" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Every time I close my windows live mail, I get windows saying " you have
    >>unsent messages in your outbox, would you like to send them now?" yes or
    >>no

    > So - do you have unsent messages? Are you saying yes to send them?
    >
    >>also when I get this message, I can not access newsgroup?!

    > Newsgroup? Just one? All of them?
    >
    > What error message or what happens?
    > --
    > To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail
    > address.

    Actually there is no error message, just one window pops up after I close my
    window live mail and asks me "there are unsent messages in my outbox, do I
    want to send them now?" and while I get this window, I can not access any
    newsgroup.
    bardeban, Apr 26, 2010

  3. bardeban

    Mike Easter Guest

    bardeban wrote:
    > Every time I close my windows live mail, I get windows saying " you have
    > unsent messages in your outbox, would you like to send them now?" yes or no
    > also when I get this message, I can not access newsgroup?!
    > can anybody help here please?
    > windows7 32 bit
    > windows live mail
    > 2gb memory
    > 3.8ghz system
    > I am posting this message from my Laptop not my desktop.

    So, you are saying your DT is Win7 WLM and it sometimes has trouble
    connecting to your news server and your smtp server.

    Your headers indicate eternal-september for your news server and likely
    a sympatico.ca connectivity in an unmunged From.

    Sympatico's mail support page^1 has this information:

    SMTP Server: smtphm.sympatico.ca
    Port: 25 (or 587 if port 25 does not work
    Authentication: Yes User name: Email address (e.g:
    or ) and password (e.g.: a123456z)
    TLS/SSL Required: Yes (select TLS if available, if not, select SSL)

    Another bell/sympatico page has this link to getting help with Win7 and
    WLM http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=15 Mail Client
    Portal

    ^1 http://internet.bell.ca/index.cfm?method=content.view&content_id=1067
    Mail server settings

    If your DT has general connectivity problems you should spell that out
    here in the form of specific copied and pasted alert messages. If your
    DT has only news or mail connectivity problems you should paste those
    alert messages here.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Apr 26, 2010
  4. bardeban

    bardeban Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:01:30 -0400, "bardeban" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Actually there is no error message, just one window pops up after I close
    >>my
    >>window live mail and asks me "there are unsent messages in my outbox, do I
    >>want to send them now?" and while I get this window, I can not access any
    >>newsgroup.

    > Ok, so like I said:
    >
    > So - do you have unsent messages? Are you saying yes to send them?
    >
    > --
    > To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail
    > address.

    Regardless of answering yes or no to the message received, next time I want
    to close my window live mail, I get the same message!
    bardeban, Apr 26, 2010
  5. bardeban

    bardeban Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:12:24 -0400, "bardeban" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Regardless of answering yes or no to the message received, next time I
    >>want
    >>to close my window live mail, I get the same message!

    > Ok, sorry, maybe I feel like I'm pulling teeth here, but that's one
    > question answered.
    > Have you looked in your unsent /drafts folder? See where I'm going
    > here?
    >
    > Look in unsent / drafts. Do you have a message or messages in there?
    > Delete them if need be.
    > --
    > To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail
    > address.

    I checked them all and there are no message(s) to be send!
    bardeban, Apr 26, 2010
  6. bardeban

    Mike Easter Guest

    bardeban wrote:

    > Regardless of answering yes or no to the message received, next time I
    > want to close my window live mail, I get the same message!

    Look in your Outbox and opt to display all messages whether they are
    read or not. If there is a message in there, delete it. If it is
    something important, save it before you delete it.

    I don't understand why you aren't getting some kind of alert about any
    kind of problem sending what is in the outbox unless you have your time
    out set very high and you are not waiting for it.

    When OE or WM (windowsmail) or WLM have an unfinished task such as
    something in the outbox which isn't happening, there is going to be
    'trouble' getting the agent to do anything else, such as access a newsgroup.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Apr 26, 2010
  7. bardeban wrote:

    > Actually there is no error message, just one window pops up after I
    > close my window live mail

    "after I close my window live mail"

    > and asks me "there are unsent messages in my outbox, do I want to send
    > them now?" and while I get this window, I can not access any
    > newsgroup.

    You cannot access any newsgroup "after I close my window live mail."
    Makes sense to me...

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 26, 2010
  8. bardeban

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Uncheck your Read Receipt options. This caused by WLM trying to send confirmation
    that you read the message

    --
    Peter

    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Peter Foldes, Apr 26, 2010
  9. bardeban

    chuckcar Guest

    "bardeban" <> wrote in

    > Every time I close my windows live mail, I get windows saying " you
    > have unsent messages in your outbox, would you like to send them now?"
    > yes or no also when I get this message, I can not access newsgroup?!
    > can anybody help here please?
    > windows7 32 bit
    > windows live mail
    > 2gb memory
    > 3.8ghz system
    > I am posting this message from my Laptop not my desktop.

    That means that a) your email server (which you don't specify, but from
    your headers almost certainly is pophm.sympatico.ca either isn't
    acknowledging your request to send it email because a) it is either down
    or b) your settings for it are wrong in WIndows Live Mail. These
    settings are known by sympatico techs which you get through 560-surf.
    Your problem with using usenet is completely unrelated and has to do
    with whatever server you use use for usenet - which can't be sympatico
    as they no longer run usenet service.

    To fix the problems we would need no know (aside from user names and
    passwords which you must know and absolutely verify by yourself) in the
    "accounts" settings for pop, smtp and nntp servers as you have
    configured in windows live mail. without these, we have no way of
    verifying if your settings are incorrect. (and whoever your usernet
    provider is, but since you are using eternal september for posting this
    message - as am I and it's working fine, can't be the problem.

    So we need a) the servers you use for email and usenet or nntp as it's
    sometimes called. b) the ports that they are set up to use as they are
    currently set in windows live mail and c) any other settings the
    aforementioned may have aside from user names and passwords for the
    above.

    Without these, we can tell you nothing. Also you don't give a full error
    message which we absolutely need as well.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Apr 26, 2010
  10. bardeban

    VanguardLH Guest

    bardeban wrote:

    > Every time I close my windows live mail, I get windows saying " you have
    > unsent messages in your outbox, would you like to send them now?" yes or no
    > also when I get this message, I can not access newsgroup?!
    > can anybody help here please?
    > windows7 32 bit
    > windows live mail
    > 2gb memory
    > 3.8ghz system
    > I am posting this message from my Laptop not my desktop.
    > TIA

    The WLM group is thatta way ---> microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
    VanguardLH, Apr 28, 2010