    Am I wrong in thinking that you can install a program on a Linux operating
    system where it emulates Windows, so that you can run a game or a program
    that's not designed for Linux but in the emulator?
    howla, Feb 22, 2004

  2. howla

    JM Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 02:34:27 -0000, howla wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Am I wrong in thinking that you can install a program on a Linux operating
    > system where it emulates Windows, so that you can run a game or a program
    > that's not designed for Linux but in the emulator?

    wine, xwindows, dosemu are a few.
    --
    Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
    Joseph Campbell
    JM, Feb 22, 2004

  3. howla

    DC Guest

    howla wrote:
    > Hello all,

    > Am I wrong in thinking that you can install a program on a Linux operating
    > system where it emulates Windows, so that you can run a game or a program
    > that's not designed for Linux but in the emulator?

    With limited success, yes.
    http://franksworld.net/

    Have you checked to see if a native linux app does what you want?
    http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-lin-soft-en/table.shtml

    --
    DC Registered Linux User #1000111011000111001

    DC, Feb 22, 2004