Windows is the most insecure product EVER...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Aug 6, 2007.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Aug 6, 2007

  2. Au79

    thanatoid Guest

    Au79 <> wrote in
    news:rOwti.47795$:

    > http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=15&art_id=v
    > n20070805091157916C538523

    It's time again to thank you for your educational efforts...
    The rixstep article is a gem of concise information, although I
    did find its tone almost excessively hostile which I think may
    turn off some people. Very interesting nonetheless.

    Regards
    t.

    --
    "...for the force that circles the earth most times in a second
    is not electricity but pain."
    thanatoid, Aug 6, 2007

  3. Au79

    Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote:

    >Au79 <> wrote in
    >
    >> http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=15&art_id=v
    >> n20070805091157916C538523

    >It's time again to thank you for your educational efforts...
    >The rixstep article is a gem of concise information, although I
    >did find its tone almost excessively hostile which I think may
    >turn off some people. Very interesting nonetheless.

    It's an old game, you sit in a busy place and "acquire" business cards
    or contact info with your bluetooth phone, most people have bluetooth
    enabled and no security (allow all devices to connect) - I've grabbed
    a few ring tones just to do it. - nothing to do and a cell phone handy
    :)

    And yes my bluetooth is off on my cell phone unless I need it.
    --
    Why not dynamite he mumbles.
    http://www.scaryideas.com/print/3257/
  4. Au79

    sittingduck Guest

    Au79, once again assuming you are compltely braindead, decided to inform you
    to:

    > To be safe, turn off your Bluetooth

    And put those non-slip mats in your bathtubs, and always drive with your
    saftey belt on, and never ride a bike without a helmet, and cigarettes cause
    cancer.

    THANK YOU, CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.
    sittingduck, Aug 6, 2007
  5. Au79 wrote:

    > To be safe, turn off your Bluetooth
    >
    > Independent Online - Cape Town,South Africa
    > Budnik said the "vulnerability" that allowed the Nimda virus to attack
    > thousands of Microsoft servers was known 341 days before the virus was
    > released. ...

    Uhm. Nice try, but who the **** turns on bluetooth on _servers_? One who
    does, should not even bother to write a resume for a sysadmin job ....

    wisdomkiller & pain, Aug 7, 2007
  6. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Au79 <> wrote in news:rOwti.47795$:

    > To be safe, turn off your Bluetooth
    >
    > Independent Online - Cape Town,South Africa
    > Budnik said the "vulnerability" that allowed the Nimda virus to attack
    > thousands of Microsoft servers was known 341 days before the virus was
    > released. ...
    >
    ><http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=15&art_id=vn200708050911
    >57916C538523>

    Also stated on the next line:

    Budnik said Microsoft released security patches almost every second day to
    protect its users.

    -end excerpt-

    If the system was propery maintained there was no issue. This is no
    different than you beloved OS. Failure to patch can be catastrophic.
    Fuzzy Logic, Aug 17, 2007