    same error message.
    I just don't know whats wrong, or how to fix it.

    Please explain, Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?emFybHVzOA==?=, Sep 2, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?emFybHVzOA==?=

    Carlos Guest

    Hi:
    Try installing Windows Installer 3.1 for XP x64.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898715/en-us
    Carlos

    noticias news:...

    Carlos, Sep 3, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?emFybHVzOA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346/en-us

    John Barnes, Sep 3, 2007
  4. I'm there with you. I have a brand new Dell Precision 690 with Windows XP
    x64. I was able to install a couple of products before the error started to
    appear. I'm currently trying to install a 64-bit version of McAfee and the
    Trial Version of VS 2005. I've followed the solutions on KB315346 and
    KB898715. Neither worked for me. If you find a solution or somebody else has
    one, please let us know.

    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?VFI=?=, Sep 14, 2007
  5. The original post has not landed here yet, so this goes to the both of you:

    Check this link:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346

    Usually, re-installing portions of the OS isn't going to help. Not unless we
    are talking updates.

    When ref. to Error Messages, please copy them verbatim - [something like
    that] isn't a good place to start, since these codes may cover several
    different types of failures, and usually takes a good deal of time to
    excavate.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 15, 2007
  6. I had the page already printed from the link below. The way the process is
    stated didn't work, but when I changed the MSI Installer service to Manual
    and stopped it then followed the unregistering and registering from the link
    below, then restarting the service then the installer worked. Seemed to be a
    lot of steps to make it work, but at least it works now.

    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?VFI=?=, Sep 17, 2007
  7. Creativity and perseverance makes up for a lot of deficiencies in human
    inventions. Good work!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 17, 2007