    Thanks for any response!

    AA
    MCSE - 2003
    AA, Mar 8, 2005

  2. Did you install this program logged on through another profile?
    Sometimes I've seen this behavior when you install Office under the
    Administrator account and log onto a User account. The user account
    lacks whatever files Microsoft dumps in your C:\Documents and
    Settings\%User Accont%\Application Data\Microsoft folder and whatever
    else it installed. It may lack some permissons as well.

    The easiest way to remedy this now is to give the computer what it
    wants - stick the Office CD in and let it finish the install. You could
    maybe get away with copying the relevant files over from one profile to
    another or to the All Users profile and grant them the appropriate
    permissions, but that I have no idea how far you'd get going that
    route. Stick with either sticking the CD in or performing a reinstall
    under the appropriate user account (if this is indeed the problem
    you're experiencing...)

    blastingfonda, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Also should mention some registry keys are user / profile specific as
    well, further making your life difficult if you can't locate that
    Office 2000 CD.
    blastingfonda, Mar 8, 2005
  4. AA

    Guest Guest

    RESPONSE FROM SHAFIY2K: Please confirm that you had
    installed MS office in Administrator account and logging
    on to another acount rather than Administrator you will
    get this tyoe of error message.

    For this your new account must to be an member of
    an administrator`s group or try to access the .EXE files
    in MSoffice Eg: MSword.EXE ect...
    Guest, Mar 14, 2005
  5. AA

    Shishir Guest

    This behaviour is observed when you try using an Office application for the
    first time for a particular profile. If you allow it to complete whatever it
    wants to do, it will start normally on subsequent launches.

    Cheers,
    Shishir

    Shishir, Mar 14, 2005