    folder in Windows, but have no idea which one I'm trying to update. Any
    help? Thanks.
    , Feb 3, 2004

  2. I had that exact prob except with Nero 5. I ended up reformatting...but I'm
    sure there is another easier solution. It was my msiexec.exe that was the
    problem. Which is a really bad thing to have a prob with. If ur using ME or
    XP do a system restore.

    Kevin
    crazeefool999, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Guest

    Thanks. I meant to mention that I'm running Windows 98SE.

    >I had that exact prob except with Nero 5. I ended up reformatting...but I'm
    >sure there is another easier solution. It was my msiexec.exe that was the
    >problem. Which is a really bad thing to have a prob with. If ur using ME or
    >XP do a system restore.
    >
    >Kevin

    , Feb 3, 2004
  4. °Mike° Guest

    Find the msiexec.exe file in your Windows\System32 folder.
    Right click / Properties / Version.

    On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:36:32 -0500, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 3, 2004
  5. Guest

    The version on my system is 2.0.2600.2. The download on Microsofts site
    says it's version 1.1 published four years ago. Doesn't seem to make
    sense.

    >Find the msiexec.exe file in your Windows\System32 folder.
    >Right click / Properties / Version.
    >

    >On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:36:32 -0500, in
    > <>
    > scrawled:
    >
    >>I've been having trouble trying to install a downloaded copy of Nero
    >>6.0.I get an error message about incorrect Windows Installer parameters.
    >>I wrote to Nero and they wrote back saying to download the newset
    >>version of Windows Install from Microsoft's site, which I did. The file
    >>is called InstMsiA.exe. But when I double click it to install, I get an
    >>error box that says "The specified service already exists". I take this
    >>to mean it's already on my system. But is it the proper version I need?
    >>I tried to find the file msi.exe on my system but there is none (That's
    >>the file Nero referred to." I see all kinds of stuff in the "Installer"
    >>folder in Windows, but have no idea which one I'm trying to update. Any
    >>help? Thanks.
    , Feb 4, 2004
  6. Guest

    Sorry. Just found 2.0, but it's still over two years old.

    >Find the msiexec.exe file in your Windows\System32 folder.
    >Right click / Properties / Version.
    >

    >On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:36:32 -0500, in
    > <>
    > scrawled:
    >
    >>I've been having trouble trying to install a downloaded copy of Nero
    >>6.0.I get an error message about incorrect Windows Installer parameters.
    >>I wrote to Nero and they wrote back saying to download the newset
    >>version of Windows Install from Microsoft's site, which I did. The file
    >>is called InstMsiA.exe. But when I double click it to install, I get an
    >>error box that says "The specified service already exists". I take this
    >>to mean it's already on my system. But is it the proper version I need?
    >>I tried to find the file msi.exe on my system but there is none (That's
    >>the file Nero referred to." I see all kinds of stuff in the "Installer"
    >>folder in Windows, but have no idea which one I'm trying to update. Any
    >>help? Thanks.
    , Feb 4, 2004
  7. °Mike° Guest

    Try the Windows Installer cleanup utility
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238413

    On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:36:00 -0500, in
    <>
    scrawled: