    ARE RUNNING WINDOWS IN SAFE MODE, OR IF THE WINDOWS INSTALLER IS NOT
    CORRECTLY INSTALLED".
    I am using Windows Xp Pro 2002. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

    john irons, Nov 21, 2005

  2. john irons wrote:
    > I'm trying to uninstall a program, I go to Add/Remove Programs
    > and after I click yes to uninstall it, an Error message appears.
    >
    > "THE WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE COULD NOT BE ACCESSED, THIS CAN OCCUR IF YOU
    > ARE RUNNING WINDOWS IN SAFE MODE, OR IF THE WINDOWS INSTALLER IS NOT
    > CORRECTLY INSTALLED".
    > I am using Windows Xp Pro 2002. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

    Any program or just one? Are you in safe mode? See if there's anything
    here that might help:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315353

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 21, 2005

  3. john  irons

    john irons Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > john irons wrote:
    >> I'm trying to uninstall a program, I go to Add/Remove Programs
    >> and after I click yes to uninstall it, an Error message appears.
    >>
    >> "THE WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE COULD NOT BE ACCESSED, THIS CAN OCCUR IF
    >> YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS IN SAFE MODE, OR IF THE WINDOWS INSTALLER IS NOT
    >> CORRECTLY INSTALLED".
    >> I am using Windows Xp Pro 2002. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

    > Any program or just one? Are you in safe mode? See if there's anything
    > here that might help:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315353

    Its more then just one program that it does it to but there are a couple
    that dont
    im pretty sure its not in safe mode when i rebooted the computer it didnt
    ask me if i wanted to open with safe mode so i assume its not. I will try
    that link see if it works thanks alot.

    john irons, Nov 21, 2005
  4. john  irons

    John Inzer Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > john irons wrote:
    >> I'm trying to uninstall a program, I go to Add/Remove
    >> Programs and after I click yes to uninstall it, an Error message
    >> appears. "THE WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE COULD NOT BE ACCESSED,
    >> THIS CAN OCCUR IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS IN SAFE MODE,
    >> OR IF THE WINDOWS INSTALLER IS NOT CORRECTLY INSTALLED".
    >> I am using Windows Xp Pro 2002. any help would be
    >> appreciated, thanks.

    > Any program or just one? Are you in safe mode? See if
    > there's anything here that might help:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315353

    ==================================
    A couple more articles:

    (315346) "Error 1719. The Windows Installer
    Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error
    Message When You Add or Remove Program
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315346

    (841224) You receive an error message
    when you try to install Picture It! Publishing
    Platinum 2002
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841224

    Go to the MSKB and search for:
    "Windows installer service could not be
    accessed". You'll find a few more articles.

    MSKB

    John Inzer

    John Inzer, Nov 21, 2005