    error 1603 all comes up I think it is a installer error

    any help would be great

    Mucko :)

    mucko, Apr 16, 2004

  2. http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q107182 ?

    Dave McGuriman, Apr 16, 2004

    Dave McGuriman, Apr 16, 2004
  4. oops,

    Cause 1: This error usually results if either of the following rules is
    violated: 1) the master boot record (MBR) can contain, at most, one logical
    drive entry; and 2) each Extended Partition Boot Record (EPBR) can contain,
    at most, one link to another EPBR. If either of these rules is violated, the
    PowerQuest product reports an error and is prevented from recognizing any of
    the hard disk's partitions, since data could be lost if the PowerQuest
    product were to make any modifications to partitions in this situation.

    Now this is rather over-my-head but , given the fact that PM8 could only see
    about 2.5MB of disk (I discovered PartInfo!) out of 120GB, I decided I must
    have made a mistake in carving up the disk with XP instead of installing PM8
    and doing it via that utility.

    Dave McGuriman, Apr 16, 2004
  5. also, I wouldn't call yourself mucko any more unless you want the fbi/cia or
    any Australian intelligence srvice after you. Mucko went on a rampage right
    around Xmas and killed 7 coworkers, Mucko is evil! :

    http://www.wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,40878,00.html

    Dave McGuriman, Apr 16, 2004