    understand what's wrong. Call of Duty 2, Obscure, anything that requires Windows
    to register the program, it fails and deletes it.

    Can anyone help?

    John Smith, Oct 21, 2005

  2. John Smith

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:pSd6f.1255$c4.77@trndny03...
    > I'm have a real hard time with Windows installer and it's confusing me. I
    > can't
    > register games at all anymore, and nothing ever gets installed. I don't
    > understand what's wrong. Call of Duty 2, Obscure, anything that requires
    > Windows
    > to register the program, it fails and deletes it.
    >
    > Can anyone help?

    Go from start to run, type in services.msc, click OK. Then look for
    "Windows Installer." Should be set for automatic or manual. If set for
    "disabled", right click, then left click properties then in the new window
    where it says "startup type" change to "automatic" or "manual".

    Mark Mandell, Oct 22, 2005

  3. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    >Go to run, type in services.msc, click OK. Then look for
    >"Windows Installer." Should be set for automatic or manual. If set for
    >"disabled", right click, then left click properties then in the new window
    >where it says "startup type" change to "automatic" or "manual".

    Thanks, I tried what you said but it still didn't work. It was set for "Manual"
    and I even set it for Automatic and started the service. But it still failed and
    went back to Windows.

    "The Service was interrupted before installation could be completed" always
    happens when it trys to register.

    Age of Empires III and Call of Duty 2 refuse to go any further.

    Is there another service I might have disabled?

    John Smith, Oct 22, 2005
  4. John Smith

    bmoag Guest

    You can manually reinstall the windows installer.
    If you go to the Microsoft Knowledge base and type in "windows installer"
    you will get to the correct sight.
    If that does not work the something has fundamentally screwed your Windows
    installation and you have to make some serious decisions about where to go
    next.

    bmoag, Oct 22, 2005
  5. John Smith

    Plato Guest